Clk350 - quad AMG wanting to install

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyDutch

Car
Clk350
Hi all,

Clk350 cab and I as looking to get an AMG style quad system put in. I took to a very reputable bespoke exhaust builders and hey said they couldn't do it due to the spare wheel - the CLK's that have (63 etc) don't have the spare wheel so they fit properly.

Some companies like CKS kind of fudge a design (by the look of their pics) and it's not a true Y split and can affect performance.

Any advice in this? I'm contemplating taking out the spare wheel and cutting out the the well, so it's flush underneath..

Make sense?

Any decent garage should be able to do it, my Indy did mine in a couple of hours, looked OEM (for my CLK270 CDI) check pics in my SIG

Hi all,

Clk350 cab and I as looking to get an AMG style quad system put in. I took to a very reputable bespoke exhaust builders and hey said they couldn't do it due to the spare wheel - the CLK's that have (63 etc) don't have the spare wheel so they fit properly.

Some companies like CKS kind of fudge a design (by the look of their pics) and it's not a true Y split and can affect performance.

Any advice in this? I'm contemplating taking out the spare wheel and cutting out the the well, so it's flush underneath..

Make sense?

You can buy a OEM AMG well from the CLK 63 as an alternative for your project.

@ Killer - good looking CLK - can't see the quad syste, on pix?

I can't condone this sort of thing really but fair play for taking it on.

CLK350 is a great car. I had one when it was new in 2006. The standard twin pipe was more than adequate.

AndyDutch said:
@Bruce - thanks mate

He does loads of quads and will build it to your spec. He also does the bumper cuts so it look OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

The cab CLK63 doesn't have quad pipes (and neither do any of the cabs) because they have strengthening under the body which doesn't allow the space for an OEM quad pipe set up

The cab CLK63 doesn't have quad pipes (and neither do any of the cabs) because they have strengthening under the body which doesn't allow the space for an OEM quad pipe set up

That's interesting! I wonder if that's why it was said that they couldn't do the quad pipes?

This is a pic I picked up from CKS...

So, cabs that have the quad pipes, they're that crappy cut in by the back box, hen just ran across to other side?...

My exhaust builder says by doing that you lose a lot of power as opposed to just running the dual (one sided) pipe - does s sound right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 20
That's interesting! I wonder if that's why it was said that they couldn't do the quad pipes?

This is a pic I picked up from CKS...

So, cabs that have the quad pipes, they're that crappy cut in by the back box, hen just ran across to other side?...

My exhaust builder says by doing that you lose a lot of power as opposed to just running the dual (one sided) pipe - does s sound right?

That's the only routing I've seen on a cab. Not sure about the power thing, but plausible as the AMG pipes would be designed and tuned for the correct back-pressure - whereas that... doesn't look like any consideration was taken for things like that! :D

Haha agreed! It's just aesthetics, if you ask me. Which is a little pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom