Clk430 208 flat spot - intermittent fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

I don't drive the CLK very much but a wee run today has unearthed an odd problem.

The car runs perfectly, but every now and again after I kick it down for a bit of speed, it seems to after that have a massive flat spot before it picks up. It idels fine it just seems as tho there's a 5 second delay before the engine reacts. If I stop and turn the car off and turn it back on its back to normal.

I'm sure it must be a sensor - so what do the panel think might be the issue?

P's (Im ordering new bmc air filters anyway)

Scott

Just my opinion but I would suspect the maf sensor.
I had very similar on my 320 and it was that.

Just my opinion but I would suspect the maf sensor.
I had very similar on my 320 and it was that.

Thinking I'm going to book it into my independent garage to have the codes read before I throw money at a maf when it might be something else.

Maf does sound like the main contender tho.

Haven't had the clk into my local garage yet but got a price fir a new boosch maf as a guide = £180.

Q; is the maf for a clk 320 the same as one for the clk430?

I ask as there's a new one ebay for a clk 320.

Just wondered as it's less than half price.

Scott

Check the readings from the maf although they do go frequently on certain models the 430 is not one of those models. Would be best to confirm on diagnostics it is the maf. Also don't go near the eBay ones too many Chinese fakes out there being passed off as genuine brands. Best stick to ECP or GSF if you do need one.

Thanks flango. I'm hoping to get the car into the garage in two weeks time fir diagnostic. The one on ebay is a genuine bosch one used fir 100 miles before the car was broken for parts. It's from the us and comes with the receipt.

Just thought I would keep my eyes open for one incase the garage confirm it's the maf.

Rather odd really as I was out on Friday in it and it was fine the first 40 mins no issues, then after I kicked it down to overtake it resulted in the flat spot appearing again. I pulled into a lay by, switched the car off and back on and it was back to being fine!

Scott

Should add the car has done 145k miles with fsh but no mention of the MAF ever being replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom