CLK430 exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rik430

Car
CLK430
Hello, I’m new to the forum and what with the way this year has been I treated myself to a 2000 (W208) CLK430. It’s in fantastic condition inside and out but I’m wanting a little more from the exhaust. Power gains are not particularly important. But what I do want is to hear more of that fantastic V8 burble! Does anyone know what set up I need or who can do this for me? Thanks, and hope your all safe and well.

Hello, I’m new to the forum and what with the way this year has been I treated myself to a 2000 (W208) CLK430. It’s in fantastic condition inside and out but I’m wanting a little more from the exhaust. Power gains are not particularly important. But what I do want is to hear more of that fantastic V8 burble! Does anyone know what set up I need or who can do this for me? Thanks, and hope your all safe and well.

Do a resonator delete, fit 2 straight pipes or an X-pipe in it's place & take it from there.

Hi
I had the same engine in my C43 (AMG Version was tuned to over 300 BHP from the factory but effectively the same engine) I had the secondary CATS and resonator (middle box) removed and replaced with a straight through pipe sounded lovely, I was told explicitly not to touch the back box and leave it in place, though as yours isn't an AMG I would look for an CLK 55 back box first to replace yours.
My straight through pipe was supplied and fitted by PCS in Horndean, a forum sponsor.

I spoke with Claus at Kleemann and he too recommended to remove the secondary cats replace with x pipe and straight through to the back box. Can I have a custom back box made up instead of using a AMG box? Only asking as I’m thinking a custom stainless steel one would have a lifetime warranty and they can also install/fit/remove cats and x pipe. I can’t find the thread on here but a few years ago someone had an exhaust made up and it was absolutely brilliant! They managed to get the V8 roar sound like thunder! :)

I spoke with Claus at Kleemann and he too recommended to remove the secondary cats replace with x pipe and straight through to the back box. Can I have a custom back box made up instead of using a AMG box? Only asking as I’m thinking a custom stainless steel one would have a lifetime warranty and they can also install/fit/remove cats and x pipe. I can’t find the thread on here but a few years ago someone had an exhaust made up and it was absolutely brilliant! They managed to get the V8 roar sound like thunder! :)
Are the AMG ones not just straight through absorption type mufflers? In which case just have a large-bodied version custom made. Being a large bodied version will mean it contains more packing which will make it less likely to be obnoxious.

Blimey, you’re not Messi g about, straight in the phone to Kleemann 😎

Is this the set up I’m in need of? View attachment 106685
Yes, that indicates removal of the secondary cats & resonator. It's debatable whether you'd need to put an X-pipe in though because the pipes are siamesed into one pipe anyway before the resonator on the stock system. So a 2 into 1 collector would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom