Clk55 Amg £8999

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
This is one of the best and most comprehensive adverts I have seen for a car on eBay and anywhere else for that matter.

It looks a very impressive car with, what looks like, an immaculate provinance. I like it a lot! Is the COMAND a standard fit on these, it is the only bit that doesn't look quite right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-MERCEDES...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1307

Are these useable daily drivers?

Is that about the right price then? I know what you mean about silver, I prefer darker exteriors but still no question that it is a lovely car.

Probably not too far away on price, but seems a bit heavy on mileage, and not sure if advert states MBSH.

I was looking at a black one recently with 56k on at the same price.

I'd probably be looking at £8k to £8.5 tops.

This time last year you'd struggle to find anything under £15k!

The seller states it has NOTHING wrong with it...i'm sure it has a few problems here and there, unless it's had paintwork to cure them?

80k mile CLK55 looking at about £7.5k? All in all, an awesome vehicle...How can an 19 year old get insured on this then? :p!

I like those larger AMG alloys - same design as standard, just that bit bigger.
But there's no need for that "V8" badge on the boot.

A nice car, though. I can't believe this generation of AMG cars are getting so cheap!

Darren

This is one of the best and most comprehensive adverts I have seen for a car on eBay and anywhere else for that matter.

It looks a very impressive car with, what looks like, an immaculate provinance. I like it a lot! Is the COMAND a standard fit on these, it is the only bit that doesn't look quite right?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-MERCEDES...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1307

Are these useable daily drivers?

COMAND was not standard .. this car's COMAND is OEM, you can see the blob thing on the back in the middle, just above the back screen

A superbly detailed advert.

But why show the MOT as having only a month to run (or did I miss that they will renew it?)

Alfie, I spoke to the last servicing garage (John Griffiths Ltd Reading) he inspected the car last Nov and there were a string of issues, I listed them on the other thread, one of them was the boot. I also mentioned the MOT being out of date and that I wouldn't buy it until it had a fresh MOT, he said he would check his paperwork! I am also trying to get him to get the car to PCS for Olly to inspect it for me, he said he is too busy, but will try and get one of his delivery boys to do it - I offered to pay expenses. This is getting frustrating as I am not in a position to get down to Hampshire/Surrey in the next week or so.

Alfie, I spoke to the last servicing garage (John Griffiths Ltd Reading) he inspected the car last Nov and there were a string of issues, I listed them on the other thread, one of them was the boot. I also mentioned the MOT being out of date and that I wouldn't buy it until it had a fresh MOT, he said he would check his paperwork! I am also trying to get him to get the car to PCS for Olly to inspect it for me, he said he is too busy, but will try and get one of his delivery boys to do it - I offered to pay expenses. This is getting frustrating as I am not in a position to get down to Hampshire/Surrey in the next week or so.

Its interesting that the advert is so well detailed and says there is nothing wrong with the car! Clearly you have made your own enquiries which have thrown up that there are some issues. Its a shame because the advert is very good but clearly its not telling the whole truth.

The car seems like a bargain to be honest if those faults are easily rectified. where else can you get that sort of performance in a near £60k car when new for under £9k?

Good luck with it.

sounds like bad news to me..

This CLK55 sold yesterday. Bit miffed as the seller wouldn't go that extra mile to sell it to me. I wanted to get it checked out by Olly at PCS before I commited to buying, as I couldn't get down there immediately, he wasn't interested. It was bought by some bloke on PH as a weekend, 'dry use only', pampered toy to replace his TVR Griffith.

If it sold then its not meant to be..no point feeling bad.

It was going to be your third car...and also probably papered..I guess.

Move on to the next one, a better one hopefully.

That did look tmepting, but one thing is for sure, and that is that car prices are not going up!. The right car will come along, and probably cheaper.

That did look tmepting, but one thing is for sure, and that is that car prices are not going up!. The right car will come along, and probably cheaper.

You're right, but see my new thread!

This CLK55 sold yesterday. Bit miffed as the seller wouldn't go that extra mile to sell it to me. I wanted to get it checked out by Olly at PCS before I commited to buying, as I couldn't get down there immediately, he wasn't interested. It was bought by some bloke on PH as a weekend, 'dry use only', pampered toy to replace his TVR Griffith.

Yeah and all it had done is bloody rain and snow since I picked it up! :(, still looks good in my garage! Nearly got wet this morning when my little 50cc moped refused to start for a 3 mile trip to the station. Took the mountain bike but the CLK looked verrrrrrrrrry tempting!

Last edited:
Welcome ! you obviously like your V8's:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom