Clk55 brake calliper swap to c32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys!
I was going to swap the brake callipers on my w208 clk55 for c32 4 pot brembos after the search on the net I've being seen many guys done it and it looks a straight bolt on job,but no ones mentioned anything about the brake discs.
Just wondering if I can use my brake discs on my w208 with c32 brake callipers?
Any info would be very much appreciated.

your clk discs are 334mm, a bit smaller than c32 discs which are 345mm.

make a testfit, only thing will be that the outer edge on brakepad will not bite on rotor as the rotor is a bit smaller in mm.

i was going to do this future c32 mod on my c43, but i sold my brand new brakekit a few months ago, i'm stuck on factory stuff for life

kowalski said:
your clk discs are 334mm, a bit smaller than c32 discs which are 345mm. make a testfit, only thing will be that the outer edge on brakepad will not bite on rotor as the rotor is a bit smaller in mm. i was going to do this future c32 mod on my c43, but i sold my brand new brakekit a few months ago, i'm stuck on factory stuff for life
Thanks for the info
So does that mean I will need to change the discs as well? Mines are still fresh)))
I will consider it when the time will come to change the discs )))
I thought they using the same size discs

if you use clk55 rotor with c32 calipers.
brakepad for the new caliper is a bit wider than clk55 disc surface which means there will be a small part of the brakepad which won't be worn evenly like the rest surface.

you can jack up your car and make test fit on one wheelside to see what it looks like.
it's only 11mm difference in discsize between both discs, it's not that much but will probably cause uneven padwear on brakepad end?

What about w209 clk55 brake callipers would I be ok with those without changing the discs?
Thanks in advance mate

209 clk55 calipers are the same between c32 - c55 - clk55
all three use 345 mm discs

there will be a cut on pad surface where the brakes didn't apply if you use clk55 discs with 4 piston caliper, i don't think there will be a problem using this combo it's only 11mm difference.
use your w208 rotors with new calipers let us know how you like em'

I saw w202 on eBay with callipers from cl500 and discs from e430
Do you know what size the discs from cl500?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom