CLK55 Cabrio V CLK500 Cabrio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dowtherz

Car
W209 CLK 350 Cab VW Golf GTE Volvo V90 CC
I've searched through a few threads regarding the differences between the two but can anybody help me with an idea of the difference in servicing costs? Anything else relevant appreciated. Looking at 2005ish cars for £15-£18K.

Thanks in advance, Neil

I have a 2004 CLK500 convertible and I have not found it that expensive to service compared to other cars I have owned....I use an independent garage not main dealer.

The worst thing that has gone wrong is one of the seat belt extenders stopped working....we put it on a Star machine and cleared a few codes and this, eventually, got it working again. Apart from that, rear tyres seem to be the biggest expense as these do not last long with all that power going through them.

Compared to the 500, the AMG model might have slightly more expensive brakes, possibly tyres, but other than that they should be very similar servicing wise I would think.

Oil, coolant, brake fluid, spark plugs etc will all be the same.

Might be slightly more to insure?

On the plus side, the AMG model will have more extras, quicker, better to drive (AMG suspension/brakes etc) and should hold it's value slightly better IMHO :)

I've had both albeit my CLK500 was a coupe and my CLK55 was a ragtop. Servicing costs are very similar but where the money comes in is when you need brakes etc... For one front disk for the CLK55 its around £500 as they are vented, drilled and floating

IMG_0021.jpg

Otherwise mechanically they are similar and service parts are not really any different on costs.

Contact Olly at PCS who looked after both of my CLKs for more info

I've searched through a few threads regarding the differences between the two but can anybody help me with an idea of the difference in servicing costs? Anything else relevant appreciated. Looking at 2005ish cars for £15-£18K.

Thanks in advance, Neil

Make sure the car is at least model year 2005. Better electrics, better comand, better handling. Great value for money whn you look at what they were new! Im waiting for CLK63 cabrio prices to come down some more......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom