clk55 /clk 430

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

THOMO

who has had both.im considering a clk55 .im so suprised how good the fuel economy is in my clk 430 that i may buy a clk 55.im getting 360/400miles on long journeys from a tank.

THOMO said:
who has had both.im considering a clk55 .im so suprised how good the fuel economy is in my clk 430 that i may buy a clk 55.im getting 360/400miles on long journeys from a tank.
Welcome Thomo to the forum.
I have just sold my CLK55 but can tell you that I was getting around 22mpg on my urban cycle and about 29-30mpg steady motorway miles.
Terrible 14mpg when having alot of fun.
Mac.

THOMO said:

Don't get a CLK55 for its fuel economy! I'm averaging around 19MPG around town. Don't know what kind of fuel consumption I'll get on a run yet and I'm currently working in London and taking the train to work. Will be driving from Northampton to Stevenage and back everyday as of the end of next month though, so I'll find out then. I'd expect around 25MPG overall.

My old C5 Corvette used to get 25MPG on a run consisting of 70% motorway and 30% town driving, which I thought was fantastic for a 350BHP 5.7 V8!

Cheers,
Ian.

i_york said:
My old C5 Corvette used to get 25MPG on a run consisting of 70% motorway and 30% town driving, which I thought was fantastic for a 350BHP 5.7 V8!

Yup I've had a whisker under 29 mpg from a tank with a similar mix of driving. Once they're rolling you're only using a tiny proportion of the power available, and economy isn't actually that bad.

i emailed DMS autos last week regarding mapping the original ecu. they replied stating that they could produce 35-38 bhp and 34-36 lb of torque
and better fuel economy.very pleased the figures for a aspirated car !
they want £695 + the dreaded , which i think is a bit steep.with a set of K+N filters it would raise the torque a little bit too. also rang superchips there offering 16 bhp/16lb for £293.i do love my car so i may try this option instead of waiting to sell and buy another car.is there any other
chips/mapping companies for a clk430 ?

i forgot thanks for the replies :D

Last edited:
THOMO said:
i emailed DMS autos last week regarding mapping the original ecu. they replied stating that they could produce 35-38 bhp and 34-36 lb of torque
and better fuel economy.

I very seriously doubt that claim. I would ask for before and after dyno pulls to confirm the increase and, if it's not as promised, the option of a full refund. Ask them to put their money where their mouths are.

IMO, remapping unmodified, normally-aspirated engines is not really worth it.

Cheers,
Ian.

ive decided to put in some K+n filters and keep the car until next year.i cant seem to find anyone thats had that modification to a clk 430 from dms .they seem to be have a good reputation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom