Clk55/clk500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abdul

Car
C63
Righto, to follow up from this thread:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-wanted/150643-clk55-e55-amg.html

Changed my mind a bit lol.

I'd like to add a W209 CLK500 to my list but again no silvers. I'm also no longer interested in the e55, I drove one and I just don't need the space and I'd much prefer a coupe.

So W208 CLK55 or W209 CLK500. Budget 5k either way.

All I would add is that pre-facelift 209s aren't very good cars IMHO. I'd stick looking for a clean 208 '55 which will be better built and quicker as well as having all the AMG goodies. Or not sure what the later facelift 209 500s go for - they might be worth a look if they are within budget :thumb:

By ruling out silver you really are limiting yourself and may be missing out on some very good cars as many/most were specced in silver :)

Hey Will,

I know buddy, that's why I've added the 209 to my options.

TBH, I'm literally going to buy whichever comes up first with the right options etc.

Either way my wife will inherit the car next year when I can insure a w211 E55 (hence not wanting to spend too much on this car) and she actually prefers the 209. I'm personally not that fussed lol.

Hey Will,

I know buddy, that's why I've added the 209 to my options.

TBH, I'm literally going to buy whichever comes up first with the right options etc.

Either way my wife will inherit the car next year when I can insure a w211 E55 (hence not wanting to spend too much on this car) and she actually prefers the 209. I'm personally not that fussed lol.

I've had a W208 CLK (not AMG) and several 209's including a CLK500 and if you can get a facelift CLK500 then you will be happy. The engine was updated after the facelift to be almost as powerful as the CLK AMG55 hence the 63 replacing the 55 but I think £5000 may be a tight budget for one in decent condition

Thanks bud, I agree. TBH, I drove one and it's lovely but doesn't have the same sense of occasion or speed.

Anyway, I test drove a silver clk55, looks like it may be the one!

I couldn't give a f*ck less about the colour, the condition's right and it goes like hell. I'm happy!

Just to update the good folk of mbclub, i picked up a silver clk55 earlier.

Ill get a thread up in the next few days, truly is a beast. Scared the sh*t out of me first time I opened It up lol!

Cheers

Abdul said:
Just to update the good folk of mbclub, i picked up a silver clk55 earlier.

Ill get a thread up in the next few days, truly is a beast. Scared the sh*t out of me first time I opened It up lol!

Cheers

Is it a w208 or 209 CLK?

Is it a w208 or 209 CLK?

Exactly what I was going to ask!

And - it's Silver :D I was never that taken by Silver cars myself, but it's grown on me over the years and now three out of four of my MBs are silver :eek:

Silver paint suits the CLK shape IMHO and contrasts well against the dark leather/carpets etc and Avantgarde blue glass :cool: (on my '55 at least!)

We need pics! Have fun and be careful :)

Excuse the ****e quality, iPhones not cutting it!

very nice

Looks great, but then I would say that :D :cool:

Nice! Looks tidy.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom