CLK55 Designo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That interior is a great colour.

Haven’t seen nearly as many fun interior colours since the w212 generation of cars.

I personally think that interior looks horrid.

Each to their own though, it’d be boring if we all liked the same things :)

The rustttttttt!!!!!!

The rust matches the interior colour

I personally think that interior looks horrid.
It's what one of my ex-girlfriends would have described as "baby poo brown".

Not for me either, but I can see that it might have looked really good back in its' heyday.

Well I like the interior, nice to see something different for a change!

Ditto, different.....

Not a fan of rusty W208s though (even fast ones)

I think it’s fair to say that rust is par for the course on any early 202/208/210, most 203/215/220s etc.

The car is nice and has a good spec. Those front bumpers are expensive and very hard to find in good condition secondhand - if you’re doing the bodywork that would probably be more of a concern cost wise than the rusty wings.

You’d need to check carefully though as it seems that 202s/210s from that era are needing work on stuff like the sills underneath the bodykit so I expect the 208 will follow suit nowadays.

I think it’s fair to say that rust is par for the course on any early 202/208/210, most 203/215/220s etc.

The car is nice and has a good spec. Those front bumpers are expensive and very hard to find in good condition secondhand - if you’re doing the bodywork that would probably be more of a concern cost wise than the rusty wings.

You’d need to check carefully though as it seems that 202s/210s from that era are needing work on stuff like the sills underneath the bodykit so I expect the 208 will follow suit nowadays.

The first outbreak of rust bubbling on my 208 back in the day it was approx 9 years old so fair to expect it to need doing at 19. Probably had some cosmetic rust repairs in the past maybe more than once.

Definitely worth checking under the body kit as you say.

Can’t believe the early 208s are now over 20 years old. Scary how time flies.

Yes my CLK55 was a fairly late one (facelift ‘51 plate) but that needed work when it was only 7 years old.

I think if you caught them early they weren’t too bad, 5 years later when I sold it the car still looked very tidy.

That one really doesn’t look that bad to me, I’ve seen far far worse and as you say it’s an old car now - it’s bound to need a mild restoration body wise anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom