Clk55 exhaust beef up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pittnathan

Car
CLK55 AMG
Hi guys. Can you clear a few things up for me? I've a 2003 clk55. I think I only have one exhaust pipe coming down from the front of my car. I no I've
Got primary cats and I've deleted my secondary cats and from there I go straight to my back box(muffler).

So:

What's a resonator delete that I keep hearing about? Is a resonator a muffler and by delete do they mean straight through?

Do I need to remove my boot pan/spare wheel to go quad exit style? Would quad exit with two mufflers sound different to a single sided sport muffler?

I don't want headers or anything too expensive. Do any of you guys have a nice burbly setup you could suggest?

Thanks for any replies

Resonator = middle box (silencer) by delete they mean removal.
If you have already got rid of the lower/secondary CATs then by removing the resonator you will have the burbly exhaust note your after.

That's the thing. I can't remember seeing a middle box! When I had the secondary cats removed I had a look underneath and can only remember seeing primary cats and muffler. Where is the middle box located? Between primary and secondary cats?

image.jpg

This is what I have minus the secondary cats. No mid box!

Has anyone else changed the back box on this exhaust setup?

I have done so on my 113 engined SL500.. I posted a video of how it sounds also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom