CLK55 in fire opel red

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjmaxwell

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 SL63
I'm a proud owner of the above car and love the colour but have never seen another CLK55 in it. Does anyone know how many we're produced in this colour or is there a way to find this info?

And I can't spell opal!

Last edited:
CLK cabrios in Fire Opal are very rare let alone in 55 spec. The dealers never ordered any for stock so rarely sold any either. It was the same with our SLK in red. Personally I love the cabrio in red with a black roof. Friend of ours had a 200k cabrio in red/black roof. Thats the only one I have ever seen apart form yours.

GP801 said:
CLK cabrios in Fire Opal are very rare let alone in 55 spec. The dealers never ordered any for stock so rarely sold any either. It was the same with our SLK in red. Personally I love the cabrio in red with a black roof. Friend of ours had a 200k cabrio in red/black roof. Thats the only one I have ever seen apart form yours.

Interesting, so quite rare and more so on the 55. Any way to find out how many were ordered?

Could always try asking MB UK themselves. Not sure they would know but worth a try.

I take it no one can add anymore detail on this?

I think it looks stunning. I recently saw a SL55 in the same colour and it was likewise gorgeous. Cannot comment on rarity though...sorry.

You'd have to write or email MB Stuttgart - records aren't kept at Milton Keynes for this sort of thing.

The only MB I like in red is a signal red R107 - just doesn't suit any other model IMO.

A C55 estate came up in this colour a little while back, and it looked great IMO.

You'd have to write or email MB Stuttgart - records aren't kept at Milton Keynes for this sort of thing.

The only MB I like in red is a signal red R107 - just doesn't suit any other model IMO.

Thanks for the info.

And all Bentley's should be British Racing Green

Had a reply back from Grtmany to say they don't have any information :-(
So who out there has a Fire Opal Red Clk55?

They are such rubbish at giving out information and have such a wonderful PR Dept !! They just can't be bothered.

I love that colour... my first CLK was that colour.

Never seen a 55 in it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom