Clk55 Keyless Go button is unresponsive??? Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JackBvmb

Car
Clk 280 and Clk55
Hi,

I am just wondering if Keyless Go is something which can be 'coded out'?
My keyless entry works (except the drivers door) but the push button start is totally dead. Doesn't say key not detected or anything.
I have removed the button and cleaned the two prongs. I have also used a wire to push down into the two holes to complete the circuit but I get nothing.

I should add that I have 2 keys one older key which the keyless entry works with and one chrome key which the entry doesn't work with.
The push start doesn't work with either.

Just wondered if it can somehow be switched off before I go pulling things apart or paying someone to explore it.

Thanks!

I'm following this, as mine doesn't work either.
It's really annoying me. It didnt bother me to begin with. But now I can't cope with how frustrating it is.
It's like pressing a dead button. Literally does nothing.

Your drivers door entry will probably be the handle. The stop start button on the gear lever I cant help with other than to suggest you get it on STAR which will find the fault. As far as I am aware its not linked to the drivers door handle at all as my stop start button worked even when my door handle failed. I believe the keys have to be coded to the car for keyless so maybe you have a replacement key thats not been coded correctly for the one that doesnt work at all. Anyway quickest diagnosis will be STAR

Start Stop button on my car has stopped working too. I have not got around to look at this yet but I have had the car scanned using Star and it did not report any errors.

I believe it could be down to a broken wire in the gearbox selector module. Quite a few people have reported the error. This thread has some useful info:

Let us know if you have a go at this and how you get on, I will do the same but I am not likely to get around to it soon.

Another thread here:

Start Stop button on my car has stopped working too. I have not got around to look at this yet but I have had the car scanned using Star and it did not report any errors.

I believe it could be down to a broken wire in the gearbox selector module. Quite a few people have reported the error. This thread has some useful info:

Let us know if you have a go at this and how you get on, I will do the same but I am not likely to get around to it soon.
Thank you. All looks a bit much for me. Might be a pay someone job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom