CLK55 muffler in a 230K. Any problems ?

Discussion in 'Engine' started by tjs_riley, Jul 31, 2010.

1. tjs_riley

tjs_riley Active Member

I have got access to a god condition rear muffler off a CLK55 and looking at the size, I think it'll fit on my 230k.
    I was wondering thought, seeing that it was meant for a higher exhaust flow of a V8 Kompressor, would the flow be too great for my puny 4 cylinder supercharged ?
    What would be the effect ? Too little back pressure ? Higher fuel consumption ?
    Thanks in advance

2. tpwuk

tpwuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK 430 Convertible (For Sale)
    That'll look and sound rubbish! I'll take it off your hands for a fiver! ;)

3. BaldGuy

BaldGuy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo + 911
    I will sound fine but will need a reducer fitted to the pipe as the 55 pipe is allot bigger than the 230 pipe... remove your centre box as well for a sportier sound..

4. OP
    OP
    tjs_riley

tjs_riley Active Member

I'm a little worried there might be too little back pressure though. I'm told the Kompressors need a bit of back pressure, to maximise the torque. Not enought back pressure, torque goes down. Comments anyone ?

5. Howard

Howard MB Club Veteran

Car:
    CLS 500 / A 150
    I shouldn't worry too much ...

IIRC Graham did this to his C230k with a C43 backbox and it sounded great ( and didn't change the performance at all ) ...

Do you have a CLK or C class , not sure if the CLK backbox will fit a C class ?

6. Mike320

Mike320 Member

Car:
    CLK320 W208
    I've been looking out for a clk55 exhaust, if you don't use it & want to sell on then i'll be interested.