CLK63 AMG Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mwstewart

Car
CLK63 Coupe, Ferrari 430 Spider, BMW E46 M3 Manual Coupe, 500+bhp Fiesta
My OH and I have really taken to our CLK350, so much that my OH refers to it as a 'she' due to its classic lines and refinement. I've owned and enjoyed two prior to the current one: a CLK270 CDi Coupe, and a CLK55 AMG Cabriolet, incidentally both of which ended up with Pistonheads users. We've had the 350 for a year and 10k of enjoyable miles, and it has been as good as gold, but as much as I like it, I've been hankering after a V8...

In truth one of the later 5.5 500's (388bhp) with the AMG pack (different exhaust and suspension) would have been perfectly fine, but they are very rare and the low mileage ones that have appeared made me think I may as well go a bit higher and get the CLK63 AMG - in black.

An C63 or C63 Coupe are at the same price point, but for me it has to be the CLK. A "'63" appeared for sale last week and it was the lowest mileage coupe I've seen at 37,000 miles; there weren't any photos but a call to the dealer revealed a bit of spec and a promise of excellent condition. Given the rarity of these things i.e. not many around, at that point the mileage, colour, and described condition led me to wonder that it may well be a PH users ex car - one in fact that was covered in a PH Carpool article back in 2011. It turned out to be just that car and the condition really can only be described as incredible; a credit to its two owners. There is plastic over the original mats, and pads on the seat belts to prevent them from becoming grubby - and I thought I was fastidious!

The interior colour ('Sand') is pretty unique on the '63. I haven't seen another with it, and I love it against the black paintwork. The car has full MBSH and a big history file. Options-wise, it has:
* Bluetooth;
* COMAND / CD changer / aux in;
* Harmon/Kardon Logic7 sound system;
* Heated seats;
* Parktronic;
* Rear blind;
* Ski-bag;
* Sunroof;
* TV;
* Ventilated seats;
* Xenons with corner-lighting.

Things like the Luxury Climate Control, cruise, electric steering column, and electric memory seats were standard. The two things it doesn't have are Keyless go and Distronic radar based cruise. At one time I was really hankering after Keyless Go, but after what's going on with thefts at the moment it is now well off of my wish-list! I do want Distronic and plan to retrofit that in due course.

Anyway, this one is a keeper (I would have kept the current car if it had a V8) - I honestly don't yet know what could replace it.

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Congrats! What a lovely looking motor in a stunning colour combination. Have always thought the CLK 209 was underated, especially in the style dept, I think it holds its own with those clean swooping lines. Beautifully done! :)

Thank you everyone - over the moon with it.

Missing photo (taken from the PH article - I will take some of my own over the weekend) :)
P1040922-L.jpg
Fabulous, that’s the money shot.....

Very very nice. I was thinking of one a while ago but couldn’t find a nice example.

Yours looks fabulous!

Lovely understated elegance. Great find.

Great choice, looks like a lovely example, and so rare you aren’t likely to see another on the road.

Love the wheels as well.
Running costs will be 'a bit' but such a great combination of style, colour, trimmings and noise (no doubt :cool:)

Plastic still on the mats..... seriously though?

A great find - a rare car indeed. Only ever seen one other on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom