Clk63 black series replica

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's been floating about for a while...

As I always say "the market sets the price, not the seller"

Looks like that car is worth £5-6k tops.

Yes I agree. I would think a replica is a fairly narrow market too.

Totally agree.

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it!!

You get the feeling 'someone' paid a lot for it and isn't getting their return on investment!

"no one can tell the difference".. :fail

Apart from the whole interior.
(Rear seats, Dash, Centre Column, Steering wheel, Carbon Fibre door lining, headlining, etc etc)

Performance, (I know thats not a visual thing, but as sure as hellfire.. people would notice that!)..

Sound... (He mentions it sounds like a beast.. so a real one sounds like a kitten then does it?)..

Age of car (03 plate).. sorry mate, never made them then.

Exhaust Tips (Wrong ones, I am sure mine were rounded)

Missing Boot Badge (You know, the one that says CLK63 on it).

Missing Side Badges (Ah those ones, the 6.3 ones).

Its like dating a Kate Beckinsale lookalike, and wake up in the morning to see all the plastic surgery scars, lack of makeup and a realization that the performance was not what you had hoped for it.. and that very soon bits were going to start falling of.

People would look at you in the street and at first glance go wow, lucky bugger.. then on closer inspection (or hear you move closer) your street cred goes from hero to knob faster than an exploding breast implant.

(sigh)...

AMGBlack said:
"no one can tell the difference".. :fail Apart from the whole interior. (Rear seats, Dash, Centre Column, Steering wheel, Carbon Fibre door lining, headlining, etc etc) Performance, (I know thats not a visual thing, but as sure as hellfire.. people would notice that!).. Sound... (He mentions it sounds like a beast.. so a real one sounds like a kitten then does it?).. Age of car (03 plate).. sorry mate, never made them then. Exhaust Tips (Wrong ones, I am sure mine were rounded) Missing Boot Badge (You know, the one that says CLK63 on it). Missing Side Badges (Ah those ones, the 6.3 ones). Its like dating a Kate Beckinsale lookalike, and wake up in the morning to see all the plastic surgery scars, lack of makeup and a realization that the performance was not what you had hoped for it.. and that very soon bits were going to start falling of. People would look at you in the street and at first glance go wow, lucky bugger.. then on closer inspection (or hear you move closer) your street cred goes from hero to knob faster than an exploding breast implant. (sigh)...

Hahahaha. Surely for the money he spent, without taking into account his time, he could have bought a "normal" CLK63? Each to their own I suppose.

If it was a 500 at least it'd be worth a punt but it's basically got the runt of the big engines.

Chavved up car, being sold by an illiterate Chav!

My name is Bruno Chaves thank you very much!

"One owner"
"Someone had the roof lining rapped [sic] in black"

Those two statements are contradictory. Another failure.

GETTING A LITTLE BIT FUSTRATED WITH THE SILLY 5-6k offers:eek:

Yeh right:rolleyes:...i would think worth circa 4k max.

Replica's are lame IMO, but it looks quite nicely done. Body looks ok, and the brakes are suitably big.

I think it looks ok but there is a massive but! Why would you do all that work to a 2.6 V6 which will be passed quite easily by all and sundry :doh:

One owner from new, yet 'someone' had the roof liner wrapped.

That's a CLS63 AMG speedo in the photo, correct facelift taillights, he has had somethings done right.

That's a CLS63 AMG speedo in the photo, correct facelift taillights, he has had somethings done right.

That's the thing, it's a shame it's not a 55 underneath the fancy frock. At least it'd have some go then.

Jees, look at the pic of that brake caliper - its wrecked. Also appears to be a more modern C63 caliper judging by the colour.

Poor guy is finding out that all his hard work and cash do not a desirable car make.

S

Oops! I Bought this thing. And it is currently under deconstruction, so as not to carry on offending all the purists out there.
The parts however are mostly original (including the wheels) and yes the front callipers are from a c63 as are the steering knuckles. This means if you use the original BS wheels you don't need spacers. Not my Idea....It was AMGs:dk:
It was a bit of a shame to put all this on a 240.But each to his own.
Needless to say I have a slightly more appropriate place to put the parts.
I won't be putting fake badges on the car so don't worry .Who on earth would put 63AMG badges on a non 6.3 car......I mean! (Apart from Mercedes):doh:

The 63 doesn't denote engine size. It's historic.

My 280 is 3L and there's nothing AMG about it.

The 45 is a 2L, and the 65 is a 6L, the 43 a 3L...

Kudos for returning the car to standard and using the parts for a proper one. All those who are happy to drive replicas also have 9 inch c0cks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom