Clock adjustment and sat nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelSB

Car
SL 350 R230
I have just collected an 05 r230 SL with command and I cannot work out how to adjust the clock on the top of the dash, I have the handbook but just can’t get the menu on the command it suggests, all ideas welcome.
also the sat nav dvd is missing if anyone can suggest where I can get a genuine one please, I know it won’t be great but I like everything to be working.

The clock should adjust its self, try disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hour.
Satnav, try ebay etc. Only buy genuine MB disc, I think latest disc is 2016/17

On Mercedes with sat-nav the time is taken from the satellite time and you can make timezone adjustments in COMAND date menu. However NTG1 is affected by GPS date rollover bug (happens every 1024 weeks) and that makes it all. not work. I have sent you by PM the solution !

As Slade says (and you note) please use a genuine one, copy disks reflect light less well and can cause a myriad of issues.

Cheers

Richard

On Mercedes with sat-nav the time is taken from the satellite time and you can make timezone adjustments in COMAND date menu. However NTG1 is affected by GPS date rollover bug (happens every 1024 weeks) and that makes it all. not work. I have sent you by PM the solution !

As Slade says (and you note) please use a genuine one, copy disks reflect light less well and can cause a myriad of issues.

Cheers

Richard
Ps, 2018/2019 is the last release of the map for NTG1.

Cheers

Richard
Hi Richard,

any chance you can send me that 'fix' ive lost all sats and date times gone wonkey

cheers , Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom