Clock advice needed please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

I've just noticed that the clock in the kitchen has stopped. It's a very old antique that we bought from Argos 3 days ago.

It came with a key that baffled us because there's no door or lock anywhere on the clock. God knows what the key is for.

Any ideas?

I'm surprised it made it to 3 days!:D

The key is for the sardine tin, which is where the fishy smell on this thread is coming from.

Sounds like a wind up.

Really Ted? :dk:

Ant. :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Typical Argos, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing... dial their head office and warn them that is there is no movenent on this issue in a timely manner, there will be further complications.

At least it is correct twice a day.
My crappy watch cost hundreds, loses a second a day, and is only correct every 236 years if I don't adjust it.

My grandfather had one of those clocks. It was a Ramsay4Q2. He told me that before the war the key was used to turn it back an hour at the end of British Summertime. Assuming you did that last Sunday, you can throw the key away now.

Wow! A grandfather clock from Argos! Who'd have thought it?

The key is for the sardine tin, which is where the fishy smell on this thread is coming from.

Perfect!

Ant, the key is for your front door to let the "clock mechanic" in when he calls to repair your venerable ANTique. You will ring the number for Argos, wait 20 minutes on hold and make an appointment for said mechanic. You will be required to wait in on the day in question until he arrives. He could arrive any time between 07.00 and 19.00, though you will not know what time it is as your clock has stopped.

Did you pay for it with a credit card? Or did you pay cash...

... You can make a "section 58" claim - but only if you bought it on tick...

Ted got it right first time. There's no clock from Argos. I just wanted someone to say 'is this a wind up' as many threads lately have been given this tag.

Ant. :D

Ted got it right first time. There's no clock from Argos. I just wanted someone to say 'is this a wind up' as many threads lately have been given this tag....

Ant. :D

...heuer, surely?

As if we imagined otherwise Ant! I'd love to start a wind up post, but because I'm female one of mine has already been imagined to be such, though it wasn't!! Ps if you've seen it, the Honda is driving like new now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom