Clock resetting when starting car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

High-Lo

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 X166 Mercedes GL350, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, Porsche 968 Cabriolet
Help! My clock in the instrument cluster has developed a fault whereby the clock resets to 0:00 when the car is started. The odometer or trip recorder is not affected though and retains the last figure as normal. It is only the clock which resets.

Strange thing is that when the key is turned to position 1 or 2 the clock is still showing the correct time (or holding the time it last had before the engine was switched off). It is only when the car is started again that the clock resets to 0:00 again.

No other settings are reset i.e settings on car stereo, etc. It has always been fine until this evening.

Could I have a faulty instrument cluster?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

May or may not be the same but my work bike does that when the battery is goosed.

Yes, sounds like a duff battery, when you operate the starter it is taking all the power and none left for the clock.

I think the heated rear screen warning light will flash if the battery is low. Try it.

Thanks for the advice all. The battery is brand new. I will get it checked out in case its a faulty one.

Cheers,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom