Clock running backwards ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

big x

MB Enthusiast
This thread on another forum is doing my head in :confused:
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=15602
Perhaps Dieselman can chime in with the answer.
I would of thought if you connected the battery the wrong way round
(or charged it the wrong way round and reversed the polarity) the overload relay would blow ?

adam

My best guess..

Battery going dead cell and short circuit. This then probably caused a spike which sent the clock backwards. When jump started (lucky) still not enough juice to power the electrical system due to the massive short in the battery. I bet the alternator and leads were getting very warm.

A quick test is to try to charge the battery off a charger (it probably wont). If you can charge the battery undo the caps on the top and check for boiling of the water. A lot of batteries are now maintenance free so you can't top them up..Bad idea as the water still evaporates.
If you have a maintenance free battery it is a good idea to prise the cover off to get to check the water, it will almost certainly be low.

My own car was off the road for over six weeks last year and it fired up no problem, but if I was bothered about battery drain then I would disconnect the battery, but as it is "I AINT BOVVERED." :D

And there was I thinking the owners garage must be located over a wormhole where time and space where being sucked backwards into a parallel universe :eek:

adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom