Clocked CLS55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One does wonder if in fact he didn't know it was clocked and all the (badly spelt) bravado is hiding the fact that he has been conned by someone - hope so anyway

He knew fine well that the car he was selling was clocked.

I uncovered the details and told him during the sale. This thread will prove that.

He's a criminal, not a chancer.

One does wonder if in fact he didn't know it was clocked and all the (badly spelt) bravado is hiding the fact that he has been conned by someone - hope so anyway!

I think that is likely the case.
I got a Polish friend of mine to call him and overcome the language barrier, then I chatted to him. Seemed reasonable on the phone but who knows?
He said it had minor issues when he got it but assured me everything has been rectified since he's had it. Paintwork and interior are flawless in his opinion. He picked the car up for around £8000 and has spent about a grand getting it up to scratch. I made my position clear and he stuck at £9k, I've told him to think it over tonight and let me know in the morning.

He was more than happy for me to bring my star machine and he will put it up on a ramp for me if I go view at the leeds garage address.

Doesn't seem like he is trying to hide anything but I did make it clear I knew about the clocking from the start so I guess he already knew I couldn't be fooled. Either way it could be a bargain.

High mileage, big engined, complicated mercedes dont scare me...

Why would anyone want to deal with a lowlife who spouts ****** like this?

"lol report me any wear u won't I'm not bother i txt in discription what its shows on cluster!!!!! if u wonna u can report me ebay police or ambulance your choise I'm not bother .... lol"

I'm not interested in building up a business relationship with him. It's a one off transaction, so as long as the car is fine then what is there to worry about?
As previously mentioned, as long as one has their eyes wide open it's annoying but not the end of the world.

I'm not interested in building up a business relationship with him. It's a one off transaction, so as long as the car is fine then what is there to worry about?
As previously mentioned, as long as one has their eyes wide open it's annoying but not the end of the world.

I hope it's this simple - good luck.

"lol report me any wear u won't I'm not bother i txt in discription what its shows on cluster!!!!! if u wonna u can report me ebay police or ambulance your choise I'm not bother .... lol"

If the price asked reflects the mileage, even if that isn't what is displayed, then the deal is good and he can afford to stick to his guns.

Now the genuine mileage is known, the seller wouldn't put me off, I would buy the car on it's own merit.

As the seller is a trader, the car should come with a warranty, but I expect that would be written on confetti.

Last edited:

I'm with you on this one.

V12 is the perfect buyer for a car like that, he clearly knows his onions and isn't likely to be done. Good luck if with the sale :)

Personally I'd find it very hard to deal with any seller like that who is happy to defraud potential buyers. There are a lot of people who could be conned by a guy like this and I wouldn't want to keep him ticking along with a healthy cashflow.

Surely if the mileage has been tampered with isn't it likely that other corners have been cut?

Last edited:
This is Bradford we are talking about read post #81 this will be 99.99% correct from my experience of working there the last 25 years

This is Bradford we are talking about read post #81 this will be 99.99% correct from my experience of working there the last 25 years

My concern (for V12) is based upon #81.

Just to stick my opinion in.
I'm Polish and live in UK for 10 years. I don't have many Polish friends as most are as the buyer described. Always after easy money, jelous and griddy.From what is going on in Poland in car trade I would avoid Polish Trade seller in UK
Hope this help

Just to stick my opinion in.
I'm Polish and live in UK for 10 years. I don't have many Polish friends as most are as the buyer described. Always after easy money, jelous and griddy.From what is going on in Poland in car trade I would avoid Polish Trade seller in UK
Hope this help

I hope this post is deleted

Discrimination whether intentional or not against any group is just wrong, there is no place for it.

Because It can be seen as stereo typical and could offend and has already been reported to us as offensive by some members of the forum.

Sorry if it seems like it.My personal experiance only didn't mean to offend any body.
Appologies

Not to worry, it was a bit of a sweeping statement but I understood what you were getting at and you did clearly state that it was your personal experience only and I took it as such.

The entire population of Bradford also got a slating in this thread but know one noticed that one!! ;)

V12

Did you gain a car or lose a kneecap?

Seller wouldn't budge on his asking price on the phone...couldnt be bothered to travel all that way for him to say the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom