Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

124fan

Car
1997 C250TD auto / 2013 VW Golf 2.0 tdi DSG
I'm looking for a new pair of something in this line ... I wear them everyday, summer and winter ... I've bought the expensive ones and the cheaper ones, all had fault ... last pair were Crocs at 25quid and they wore well, were comfy, but lately have become a death trap in the wet, I tend to aquaplane then finish up on on my back, I have a cut knee and brused head to prove it.

I'd like to hear from you if you've gotten a great pair of mules and would buy them again .... TIA

Sorry 124fan, not for me. I prefer manly shoes or trainers. Again sorry but I think Crocs are poncy advertising company trash. £25 for rubber shoes????

My opinion only and not meant to offend.

Have a run down to Bicester Shopping Village just off the M40 and pick up a nice pair of Tod's loafers for men - they have the 'hand applied' rubber balls on the soles and are superb for driving in. A snip at £175 per pair and so many colours to choose from - Gimmino in blue suede caught my eye!

I bring ones like these back from Germany

5R1LL1KC.jpg

They have proper grippy soles and decent arch support, I wear them around the house/garden all year round. You might be able to find them somewhere in the UK?

I wear catering ones that Mrs E gets from Nisbets. About £25, and you get a leather upper, detachable heel strap, and a really comfortable clog that you can stand all day in.

I have Crocs that I wear around the pool and on the beach - no problems with slipping, but there is still some decent tread on them.

Horrible old Hush Puppies with no laces in, nothing like 'em for 'loafing about' in :p

thanks for all replies so far ... its not easy getting something to the job. I have an old pair of Red Wing boots that lasted me for 10 - 12 years of daily use, kept them hoping to get them repaired and resoled sometime.

What I'm after at the moment is something for about home (mainly outside) that is speedy to get on - off on numerous trips in and out of the house, perhaps I should have explained that a little better.

the catering Croc had caught my eye, but was hoping for something different this time.

Cheers

Thank you everyone for your replies, it may not have started at a high, but certainly went down hill. Sadly I believe that may reflect cultural and mental health problems in our society today, no offence intended.

Cheers!

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

No offence taken , i beleive i may be a little mental too.

Thank you everyone for your replies, it may not have started at a high, but certainly went down hill. Sadly I believe that may reflect cultural and mental health problems in our society today, no offence intended.

No offence taken. Humour is a personal thing:)

It made me smile :thumb:

Cheers

Once upon a time everyone "up here" wore clogs and darn comfy they were to. Mules ((Mule Train - Frankie Lane, remember that?)Self thread hijack)) Many "trades" up here are going back to wearing them. My local blacksmith for one. Sorry I digress, mules - plastic clogs I believe.
Oh, and clogs with the horse shoe metal thingie on the bottom, worn as a nipper were brilliant for skating on the local canal in them there cold winters.

Loved the thread:thumb: Rich in diversity and a laugh too. Ill be getting a pair of them catering clogs me'sen.

Amazon.co.uk: jungle moc

I wear these. Can't get on with trainer sizes.

I wear work issue boots also.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom