cloned car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
a friend of mine was on his way to work recently and saw the same make/model and colour as his with the same reg. being driven by a white middle aged man. He is 25 and black. He therefore took the pictures of the clone and took them to the police.

They said "so what do you want us to do about it" he bought his car from a BMW dealer 6 months ago, he has the tax and the service history shows his vin is the only one on the manufacturers service records.

His there anything he can do to protect himself.

The Police should have put a marker on the PNC for that reg number showing up and to stop the car when seen.
It could be a bit of hassle for your Friend, but worth it in the long run.
It's best to ensure he keeps his documents with him for inspection and keep a record of journeys.

Write to the Chief Constable for your area and complain about the attitude of the police or contact your local MP who will do that for you. They will act. This is a serious crime and could lead the police to a significant car crime gang. Your friend could get speeding tickets and worse from the activities of the other car.

They said "so what do you want us to do about it" [/QUOTE]

This IS unbelievable... :crazy:

If they don't catch the cloners and clockers.... then crime DOES pay. :rolleyes:

They said "so what do you want us to do about it"

This IS unbelievable... :crazy:

If they don't catch the cloners and clockers.... then crime DOES pay. :rolleyes:

Same old story sadly, the police in this country are lazy slackers.

This is why so much crime goes unreported, people know the police are idle, so why bother report it...

I found out that my Bentley had been cloned when I got a NIP for speeding through the post, taken by a gatso scamera. I immediately reported it to the police as I knew it wasn't me (the speed was nowhere near high enough!( joke)) and they gave a me a crime number etc. They also put a marker on the number plate meaning that I would get stopped at every PNC check, but thankfully that never happened as they checked the photo on the camera and it wasn't my car. I'm presuming it wasn't even a Bentley, but it must be really hard to prove innocence if the cloned car is identical to yours.

Same old story sadly, the police in this country are lazy slackers.

This is why so much crime goes unreported, people know the police are idle, so why bother report it...

But on the other hand,"Published Date: 26 June 2008
Thursday, 1.45pm - LINCOLNSHIRE Police has had its council tax capped by the Government after demanding a 78.9 per cent increase.
Local government minister John Healey has announced this morning that the force will be capped at 26 per cent.

The cap means the average family will be around £70 better off this year.

Lincolnshire Police Authority will also have to bear the cost of rebilling every household in the county."

Somehow though through efficiency measures, they have managed to carry on without all this extra money. I wish I could get a 78.9% increase, or even a 25% one. It just shows how much slack there must be in their system.

Lincolnshire Police are pretty high up in the Govt league tables. Can you imagine how inefficient some forces must be that appear near the bottom of the table?

Time for a private plate perhaps? At least it removes the risk/inconvenience of being stopped on a frequent basis.

He is thinking of selling the car in soon anyway, the police are not being helpful at all. I have suggested he writes to the chief constable. but he is not convinced they will do anything.

he did a data check before the bought the car so he is confident he has the original. and if not he believes the company will reimburse him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom