Close boot separator message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mans Best

Car
SL500
Like a muppet I managed to crack the right rear light unit on my R230. While I'm waiting for a replacement to arrive, I thought I would investigate how easy the job was going to be, which involved unscrewing a few bits of plastic trim in the boot. I didn't actually get very far as I didn't want to do a fiddly job twice.
I don't think I've disconnected anything but now the roof won't go down because of the above warning message. The boot separator is definitely in place and the roof mechanism was working perfectly beforehand.
I assume the locators for the boot separator have switches/sensors built into them and there's nothing obviously wrong and from a quick check the wiring is connected.
Can anyone think of anything unintentional I might have done, disturbed etc to cause this to happen?
Any ideas would be helpful

There's a switch in the right hand side catch that the leading edge of the cover clips into.

You either broke it or disconnected it ! I imagine the latter !

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard. I investigated some more last night and it may be that the switch needed some freeing up after a long wet winter, because after doing that, the roof worked correctly!

Now to fix the rear light cluster (when the replacement arrives) - oh joy :)

One question - the switch is only on the right hand side mount?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom