Close shave!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Dropped the wife off this morning, decided to sit in the car in the warmth until she finished from the doctor's, about 4ft behind was an Audi S6 no one in front, after 10mins a showgun turns up & park's in front, woman gets out & checks her parking gets in her car again & roars up closer to me..i really thought she was going to hit my car the speed she was going so i blasted the horn..she brakes sharp, gets out and Say's 'i know what I'm doing i have parking sensors!!' if i weren't so comfortable & warm i would have got out & gave her a mouthful & reminded her that she has a tow-bar.

Last edited:
Dropped the wife off this morning, decided to sit in the car in the warmth until she finished from the doctor's, about 4ft behind was an Audi S6 no one in front, after 10mins a showgun turns up & park's in front, woman gets out & checks her parking gets in her car again & roars up closer to me..i really thought she was going to hit my car the speed she was going so i blasted the horn..she brakes sharp, gets out and Say's 'i know what I'm doing i have parking sensors!!' if i weren't so comfortable & warm i would have got out & gave her a mouthful & reminded her that she has a tow-bar.

Glad your car is OK. However, good parking for a female... (runs for cover) :devil:

'i know what I'm doing i have parking sensors!!' [/quote]

The Towbar is the parking sensor.

CLUNK and then she stops:D

Looks more like a battering ram than a towbar!

Bet that's not type-approved, incidentally.

Considerate, nice woman! Could you get out of the space?

I had this last night, parked nicely, plenty of room both in front and behind. Come this morning, car both in front and behind are virtually sitting on my bumpers, Charming, oh well, took about 5 locks of the wheel but I got the car out! :D

I had this last night, parked nicely, plenty of room both in front and behind. Come this morning, car both in front and behind are virtually sitting on my bumpers, Charming, oh well, took about 5 locks of the wheel but I got the car out! :D

Get yerself a towbar:D

My wife has parking sensors yet she still mananged to reverse into my car !!!!

Many moons ago when I first started driving cars I had a Ford Corsair (cue jokes about a certain kind of curly hair :) ). It was fitted with a towbar which, as was fairly common in those days, had the tow-ball mounting through the bumber. I had removed the tow-ball so it just had a blanking plate in the centre of the bumper, but the rest of the ironwork was still there. When a*seholes parked so close that I couldn't easily get out of the space I would gently reverse up until my rear bumper touched theirs and then keep reversing. I don't remember ever having to shunt backwards and forwards to get out of a parking spot :devil:

You were not only lucky that the tow bar didn't do any damage, look what the spare wheel would have hit :eek: glad you were in the car to sound the alarm.

I was following a toyota estate in sheffield city centre last year, middle aged chappy driving and his missus passenger. they pulled into a parking bay and i pulled into the one behind them, then he seemed to change his mind and he reversed to get out of the bay, but didn't check his mirror, :eek: ouch , cracked my number plate on the Focus. he got out and was very apologetic and started fumbling in the glove box for his insurance details. I didn't want to get involved with all that paperwork palarver ( car wasn't mine, company car, leased ) so i said give me £20 for a new plate, he was happy at that, and so was i, cracked plate was still on the car when it was recalled by lease co. last week. :)

Get yourself a hacksaw.

Good idea if you've ever walked into a tow bar with your shin....

Done that a few times.. Ouch!:D

Too be completly honest with my towbar fitted and reversing it looks worse than it is in a big jeep thing. Mine has black rear windows so all you see is a big barge coming towards you.

I also know that with the sensors beeping constanly I still have around a foot. Foot on brake going slow.

I guess from your point of view its the speed she reversed?

Thing is that looks like a good bit of parking :) I'd be more worried if she tried to open the boot.....

It is scary when people are reversing towards you, I always think, can they or have they seen me?! It does look like she has parked a good foot out from the side of the road more than you! :D

The towbar looks to be in the right in the centre of your plate so without seeing looks to be parked ok.

The gypos barge is probably a tad wider than the E class though?

Driving my brothers TE once on the ferry I misjudged the bonnet (don't ask me how!) and managed to bump the car in front, oops, made a hasty reverse! :D D'oh!

Driving my brothers TE once on the ferry I misjudged the bonnet (don't ask me how!) and managed to bump the car in front, oops, made a hasty reverse! :D D'oh!

A bit of a splash, was there..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom