Close

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldbloke

Car
E Class Estate 320CDI Elegance 2007 Non- ADS
Nipped into to my local town just now and nearly broadsided a lady who timed her move perfectly for a deathwish. I was travelling along an A road with a junction to my right and an Audi A1 waiting to come onto the road and go in my direction. As she was still waiting and looking my way when I was about 50 metres away I foolishly assumed she had seen my E Class approaching. But no, she then pulls out across my path filling the road with nowhere for me to go, as there's an old Toll house on one side and a bank too high to navigate on the other. Brakes on so there's a real howl coming from the tyre/road interface along with the belt pretensioners trying to strangle me. I was within a foot of her rear bumper by the time her acceleration along with my brakes achieved a gap.
I followed her to my destination at Tesco's and parked up away from her. Walked over to have a chat without giving her any grief. I started off by apologising for tooting at her, and explaining that I was the one who suddenly filled her rear view mirror. She was full of apologies which was nice, but I saw her twice in Tesco's looking as if she wasn't quite right in the head. I trust she didn't try that on purpose...
Just goes to show that it doesn't matter how on the ball you may be, if others are so unpredictable.

Reactions: 219
I hope you checked carefully before turning your trolley into the frozen food isle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom