cloth seat cleaner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milligp

Car
c220 cdi 2011
Hi there

can anyone recommend a good cloth seat cleaner as the Liverpool cloth in my car has a few stubborn stains.

thanks

Paul.

I find that Autoglym interior shampoo gives good results. Spray it on, leave a few minutes for it to attack the dirt and wipe away with a damp cloth.

Save yourself some money and buy 5ltrs of Autosmart Brisk VIF Low foam upholstery cleaner. They also do a foam can spray.
Its concentrated so a little goes a long way.
It will shift the most stubborn stains from car seats , headlining, mats, carpets etc,etc.
First check if the seat has a "nap", if yes, be carefull as too much scrubbing can damage this!!!
Mix up a solution in a 500ml spray bottle,cover surrounding area with a large old sheet. Dont just spray the effected spot!!!, but cover the entire seat area.
Now with a soft gentle baby brush, gently agitate the seat cover, dont scrub too hard.
Now wipe away with a clean microfibre cloth.
If its a stubborn stain, get a bucket of warm water, and after scrubbing repeat the process using a microfibre cloth, keep rinsing out the cloth to remove the dirt.
Now leave to dry ( bang the car heaters on and make a pot of tea).
If its a really ground in stubborn stain, let the car seats dry after the first clean!!, then see how it turns out, best to leave the seat for a while before carrying out the next clean, be patient eh!

Thanks for that - I'll give it a bash today!

I use this Turtle Wax Interior foam - I also use AutoGlym shampoo too (given as a present) but the Turtle Wax foam works much better.

It has a scrubbing head idea for agitating the dirt off fabric and carpets.
The foam keeps the fabric and carpets fairly dry.

The key is to really agitate the dirt with the scrubber and foam, then wipe the dirt away from the fibers with a fairly damp microfibre cloth, then rinse the cloth in a bucket of clean water and repeat. Terrific.

Halfords Turtle Wax Interior1 Cleaner 400ml Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products

I have used both Autosmart Brisk and Autoglym Interior cleaner. The former works well on stubborn stains, but I much prefer the latter for shifting large quantity of dirt from old carpets and cloth seats, generally the latter also leaves far less residue. For truly dirty interiors there is no substitute for several applications.

Brisk is ordered - thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom