CLS 2009 reverse camera.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merkaholic

Car
Mercedes CLS 320cdi
Good afternoon folks.
I have a 2009 cls and i was wondering whether it was possible to have a reverse camera fitted which would work off the centre screen (entertainment, sat nav etc)

If you have NTG2.5 COMAND (which you should based on it being 2009) (which has red and green phone buttons in Europe) then it can support a reversing camera - although there was never a factory one on a CLS. COMAND will need coding to enable the reverse camera, and Mercedes can not do that (but www.comand.co.uk can)
Cheers
Richard

Yes it can , head unit coded to select the video in when reverse is engaged and camera connected to the rear blue Fakra connection and you are good to go.

Kenny

Just to correct KennyN, its the green fakra :) Blue is GPS on that age car. I suspect KennyN is thinking of the fakra on the generic camera cable which is 'water blue' (different to the blue of the GPS) and is universal (i.e will plug onto any colour fakra)

Cheers

R

Gentlemen much appreciated.
What would be a general cost and any recommendations to who can fit it?

Apologies, got me colours mixed up.

I sent my head unit to comand online to get it coded, the maps were updated at the same time, and I fitted the camera myself which was pretty straight forward if a little time consuming.

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom