CLS 2010 Grand Edition Changing gear to quickly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sistill

Car
2010 CLS Grand Edition
Hi all

My CLS has just come out of Mercedes from having an MOT failure on lots of things. But since getting it back its almost changing gear to quick and not reving hard and there is a shud when i come to stop. Part of the work required was to torque up wheel bearings, replace lower arem ball joint assy, tie rod and strut rods. So i have two questions. What is wrong with the gearbox? and could this have been a result of the work carried out and Mercedes would investigat as a warranty?

Sounds like the work performed is not related to the gearbox woes.

When the gearbox shifts quickly do you have reduced power?

If so, it might be going into limp mode.

Any lights showing on the dash?

Petrol or diesel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like the work performed is not related to the gearbox woes.

When the gearbox shifts quickly do you have reduced power?

If so, it might be going into limp mode.

Any lights showing on the dash?

Petrol or diesel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have reduced power due to the low revs, like going up a hill in to high a gear, but when i switch it to manual its ok. No lights on dashboard and its diesel.

Any possibility there was a reset done and it needs a few mls done
to get into your way of driving .
Although the thud when you stop
would prop not explain this. It can’t be going into limp mode or the speed would be limited,
If this had just occurred since the work was done I would contact them a s a p and request they have a test drive with you and go over what they have done.

Any possibility there was a reset done and it needs a few mls done
to get into your way of driving .
Although the thud when you stop
would prop not explain this. It can’t be going into limp mode or the speed would be limited,
If this had just occurred since the work was done I would contact them a s a p and request they have a test drive with you and go over what they have done.
Yes i plan to phone them and get them to look after work tomorrow. Its cost me £1854 this week already and i dont want another big bill, but reading up it looks like it could be a COnductor plate or body failure??

Yes i plan to phone them and get them to look after work tomorrow. Its cost me £1854 this week already and i dont want another big bill, but reading up it looks like it could be a COnductor plate or body failure??
Yes understand but strange this problem only occurred after getting work done. Hope it’s something cheap. It’s a robbery every time you go near them any wonder so many private car owners are moving to other brands.
I had price for fitting front mud flaps on E class from C H Renault beside me for £80 but then they phoned and said sorry as it’s MB it would be £125 .

Hi

just an update, car is all fixed. I had new glow plugs, glow plug controller and dpf sensor. £514 and it’s now running like a dream

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom