Cls 2010 suspension issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Madpilot

Car
Cls 2010 c219
Hi all

I bought like 2 months back a used c219 2010 model for the m to use.

sadly since I bough it I am struggling with suspension and my journey starts like this

went to replace the engine mounts and transmission mount due to vibration on high rpm and during this diagnosis on the OBD the tech informed me that the airmatic pump is weak so I informed that I replaced a new one and basically he cleared the DTC.
Went for a road test and suddenly rear suspensions went incredibly high and rear left blasted. Anyhow I bought him a new suspension and mounts then he informed me that the pump is gone as well

eventually I bought a new one then the car height wasn’t correct after all of this it was tilting from left side so we replaced the valve block.

after all of this and reprogramming as well calibration the car now is behaving weird , while ignition on the ride height is almost high like 3 to 4 fingers can fit easily between fender and tyres also when I switch off and close the doors then lock, I can hear hissing noise and vehicle dropping to almost 2 fingers gap.

can I seek expert help what could be wrong as I am going nuts

today I am test to keep vehicle on sport 1 and surprisingly this hissing isn’t happening and to some extent the vehicle can hold the level, I ll update tomorrow on the outcome of this test.

Hi all

I bought like 2 months back a used c219 2010 model for the m to use.

sadly since I bough it I am struggling with suspension and my journey starts like this

went to replace the engine mounts and transmission mount due to vibration on high rpm and during this diagnosis on the OBD the tech informed me that the airmatic pump is weak so I informed that I replaced a new one and basically he cleared the DTC.
Went for a road test and suddenly rear suspensions went incredibly high and rear left blasted. Anyhow I bought him a new suspension and mounts then he informed me that the pump is gone as well

eventually I bought a new one then the car height wasn’t correct after all of this it was tilting from left side so we replaced the valve block.

after all of this and reprogramming as well calibration the car now is behaving weird , while ignition on the ride height is almost high like 3 to 4 fingers can fit easily between fender and tyres also when I switch off and close the doors then lock, I can hear hissing noise and vehicle dropping to almost 2 fingers gap.

can I seek expert help what could be wrong as I am going nuts

today I am test to keep vehicle on sport 1 and surprisingly this hissing isn’t happening and to some extent the vehicle can hold the level, I ll update tomorrow on the outcome of this test.
have you also replaced your struts?

Only the rear left strut but I fail to understand why it’s drops to certain level after engine off and locked.
I had the same issue it turned out the struts needed replacing. Airmatic at that age and generation is bad news :)

I had the same issue it turned out the struts needed replacing. Airmatic at that age and generation is bad news :)
How can I know the factory default ride height

Star is only available in dealer hope I am correct aside from this what guide line or proposal that can help to adjust it

i think it is normal to level slightly lower when parked, i have seen my R class do this, however in sport mode it will be riding lower anyway in comfort mode it will ride higher until a given speed is reached then will raise when you stop, i've noticed mine is hissing and popping more in hot weather as it tries to maintain correct height, I plan to try and free off the height sensor links as these appear stiff and probably don't help, the car can overshoot the setting and then have to back off again.

W219 cls - normally driven in dynamic 1 and once parked and locked it will drop air and lower it to as you say 2 fingers or so. On comfort it would probably be about 4 of a gap to start with. All this is totally normal for mine.
Is the button function as it should and raising/lowering between modes?
At the very most it could possibly need a height adjustment via star but all sounds fairly normal.
@sweeper maybe worth a check underneath the front bumper. Mine had been making what seemed more or louder air noises, turned out the rubber hose on the compressor to the air filter was split, cut it down and reclamped, definitely less noise again 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom