CLS 320 cdi Remote locking and radio signal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dord1954

SUPPORTER
Car
CLS 320 CDI
Hi my remote central locking has stopped working and radio has lost tuned stations and sat nav has gone wangy. I have remove fuse 8 from rear fusebox it was blown and the new one blew straight away so I assume there is a problem with one of the components connected through that fuse. does anybody have or know where I can see a wiring diagram and list of components controlled by the fuse please.
I think it covers remote aerial, central locking but not sure what else. any advice would be truly welcome thanks

11 years old, that strengthens the case for the alarm siren being at fault.
Don’t know where the siren is located on that car but it needs to be removed from the car to see if it is the cause of the fault.

Dec

thanks I believe its under the front wing but not sure, Ill have to have a look I guess

thanks much appreciated, a really useful post :)

Last edited:
well I disconnected the siren and put a new fuse in and hey presto all is well. Quite an easy fix nothing too complicated or fiddly, just need to source a new siren and all done
thanks very much for the help my local Mercedes indi garage charges £65 per hour labour and said it could take a few hours to find the problem so saved me a few hundred pounds :)

when I removed the siren I was quite surprised at what good condition it appeared to be in (apart obviously it has a fault) it was dry and clean and securely fitted in placed so I am at a loss as to what has happened to it so I will attempt to dismantle it to look for clues

This is what you can expect to find, see here… https://www.google.ie/search?q=merc...h53UAhWIK8AKHfszATgQ_AUICigB&biw=1398&bih=907
The all go like that after about 10 years or so.
Replace with a new one from MB.

Dec

Siren%20battries.jpg

Order a new siren from MB Grangemouth or MB Newcastle. Sent next delivery for under £100.

well thanks for the help, it was indeed the siren. quite an easy job to replace too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom