CLS 320 CDi (W219) Rear Brake Pipes / Lines leaking - advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LucaNordl

Car
Mercedes CLS 320 CDi
Hello fellow forum members,

I urgently need some advice / help... I have a CLS 320 CDi (W219) on a 56 plate.

My recent MOT included advisories on corrosion to the rear brake line / pipes (not the hoses). I understand that this a common problem.

However, I have just set out to do a long drive and have a 'Check Brake Fluid' level red warning message on the dash along with a ridiculous amount of pedal travel. Never had this before. Luckily I didn't get further than the end of the road...

I've had the car up on the ramp at my local MOT centre, and it appears that the rear brake line on the drivers side has developed a leak which would explain the brake pedal travel (clearly I was just pumping brake fluid out of the line!).

Does anybody have any advice on the best way to fix this? Do they have to be done with OE steel pipes, or can sections be replaced with kunifer pipe?

And, can anyone recommend an indy in my area Farnham (or even Guildford or Surrey in general), who would be able to help with this, without it costing me a small fortune.

I would really appreciate anyone's help and advice on this. It's sod's law that it's happened right before Xmas when money's tight and I need the car to travel to visit my daughters 200+ miles away.

Thanks in advance,

Stu

Take off the under trays and cut the pipe back and join it after the rot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom