CLS 320cdi 2006 (56 plate) Engine oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OscarOzze

Car
W204 220CDI SPORT AMG
Hi guys, just bought my 1st CLS 320cdi 2006 on 56 plate. Noticed there's a very little of oil in engine, what oil shall i get for it? What spec etc. Thankyou
62223427cc8fa9ec1e4c03ab8a626caf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got a leak ,don't take this the wrong way but when and how did you dip the engine for oil,those engines use very little oil as normal,my car needs none between services.

No leaks that i can see, previous owner told the same, never topped it up between services, anyhow it's low, under minimum at the moment.

Anyone guys??? A merc group isn't it

Anyone guys??? A merc group isn't it

What are you asking Oscar?
Post #2 gave you the oil you need.
Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30

As post 3, How are you checking the oil? Does your model come with a dipstick or are you going by the the dash readout?

0w30? Will 5w30 be ok as isn't that cold lol.

Got dipstick

As long as the oil meets the MB spec that is noted in the back of your user manual. I use 5w-30 in my E55.

That dipstick didn't have a red cap on the top did it?
If it did, that is the ATF dipstick, not engine oil.
Just checking:D

on the dash computer if you cycle through the menus via the steering wheel controls it will tell you oil level etc (just make sure the cars on level ground) have you got a user manual?

on the dash computer if you cycle through the menus via the steering wheel controls it will tell you oil level etc (just make sure the cars on level ground) have you got a user manual?

Never seen that function to be honest, I've got a dipstick mate. I do have manual yes

in the manual it will show you how to navigate to the correct menu via the steering wheel. Make sure you don't over fill it.

Are you getting a malfunction error message on the dash saying add oil? If so how many litres is it asking you to add??

Just checked the service book, it's had 5w40 all it's life lol.

So, you had the info all along .....

BTW does the service book show the transmission fluid has been changed? If not it won't be red any more ...

Just keep in mind that Merc engines (including AMG) are usually not filled to the Max mark on the dipstick.

When the engine is at working temperatures, the oil level should just below the Max mark.

So anywhere between the Min and Max (when hot) is fine - don't overfill it.

Well as I said at the start of this thread it is unusual for this engine to need oil between services,I bought 5 litres of Merc Oil 3 years ago and have never opened it,if you have no leak,I would suggest you make sure the car is level,take it for a run and then park it for 10 mins and then dip the engine,as posters have said do not overfill,it is a litre of oil from min to max on this engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom