CLS 320CDI - iphone bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Redhammer999

Car
Mercedes cls320
I guys,

I have a problem with my Bluetooth. When I connect my iPhone 5 it states, "unsupported device".
Any ideas at all? It does connect but then gives this message once connected.

I'm sure I had this when connecting my iPhone 5 and seem to remember I'd set up the connection from the car to the phone. Setting the connection up from the phone to the car worked. It might have been the other way round though.

I'm sure you've already tried both these but if not, might be worth trying it the other way round. If that makes sense?

I had the same problem with my CLK and iPhone 5s, doing it via the car (command screen) connecting to phone didn't work... pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on the module in my armrest till it flashed and searching for it on my phone worked.

cobra2222 said:
I had the same problem with my CLK and iPhone 5s, doing it via the car (command screen) connecting to phone didn't work... pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on the module in my armrest till it flashed and searching for it on my phone worked.

Ah ok. I may have to have a look more at this but I just have a Nokia cradle in the centre armrest. Unless I am mistaken.

daved1965 said:
I'm sure I had this when connecting my iPhone 5 and seem to remember I'd set up the connection from the car to the phone. Setting the connection up from the phone to the car worked. It might have been the other way round though. I'm sure you've already tried both these but if not, might be worth trying it the other way round. If that makes sense?

Hi, I tried both ways without success :(

If you are trying to pair with a device called UHI-SNI.... or something similar then that is for headsets only. You need to replace the Nokia cradle with a bluetooth device such as this

Viseeo MB-4 Bluetooth interface for UHI & MHI equipped cars. | Mercedes Bluetooth & Phone | Comand Online Ltd

The existing cradle slides off towards rear of car whilst you press the little button on the top left of the face of the cradle.

The headset bluetooth thing confused so many people it was dropped sometime around 2007.

Note that MY2009 onward CLS (and E) have bluetooth in the head unit and red/green phone keys on it so don;t need a cradle at all.

Note also that older cards where you can see a curly cable attaching the cradle to the car and you can pick up the cradle you need this: ViseeO MBU-3000 Bluetooth for Mercedes Benz (enhanced MBU-1000) | Mercedes Bluetooth & Phone | Comand Online Ltd

Richard

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom