CLS 320CDI problem under acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan-mb

Car
E350 CDI coupe, CLS 320 CDI
Hi Gents,

So recently i have been having a niggling issue with my 2008 CLS 320CDI when i put my foot down to over take (steady 30mph to say 50mph) the car judders badly and the power seems to cut out) not sure if its the box trying to change down gears (i have it in 'C' mode) or if its a fuel starvation or something else? Anyone had similar issues? Thanks in advance.

Dan.

Does it do it every time in this scenario or only occasionally? Is the car fully up to temp when this happens?

I've had this once or twice but only tended to be when the car was 40 to 60 c when hot, never had the problem...yet... Probably just jinxed it now.

Might be worth getting STAR codes read to prevent needless cash wastage. Sometimes though no codes come up.. I only know from reading here some things can go pear shaped and not throw up codes - might be worth checking turbo vane actuator to see if it's sticky... Just a pure guess.

Does it do it every time in this scenario or only occasionally? Is the car fully up to temp when this happens?

I've had this once or twice but only tended to be when the car was 40 to 60 c when hot, never had the problem...yet... Probably just jinxed it now.

Might be worth getting STAR codes read to prevent needless cash wastage. Sometimes though no codes come up.. I only know from reading here some things can go pear shaped and not throw up codes - might be worth checking turbo vane actuator to see if it's sticky... Just a pure guess.

Aero is on the money here - oil dripping onto the actuator from the turbo seal just above the actuator will cause such issues - definitely get it on Star for a full analysis but if it is the actuator don't forget to clean all the oil from the area and replace the turbo oil seal
Good luck

Thanks Gents...it's in for a service in 2 weeks i will get them to look at it then.

Normally when it's not fully up to temp. It's in for service in 2 weeks so ill get them to look into it. Thanks.

Just had a look at my own turbo oil seal, looks pretty good. Really tiny oil witness mark below it hence I'll get it changed at the next service for piece of mind for not many extra £'s

Let us know what your service brings up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom