CLS 320CDI - Real world MPG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

easty027

Car
Mercedes CLS
Hi.

Newbie on here about to buy a 2007 CLS 320CDI and have a query regarding miles per gallon, i am sure this subject has been done to death but please bare with me.

I know the tank is approx 80 Litres, but what MPG do you think i will see doing a motorway commute everyday ? i do about 100 miles a day and would rather get feedback from you guys rather than reading something on parkers/whatcar which i don't always believe to be that accurate.

thanks in advance!

Truthful speaking when i stick to the motorway speed limits i see 43-48

mixed brisk driving i get 37mpg

id say you should see no less than 45mpg

id say you should see no less than 45mpg

I do about 70 miles a day, mostly motorway and managed about that when I had my C 320Cdi.

I'm guessing that the E class, as reported by Evdok, does slightly better than the (heavier?) CLS. Not had mine long, and haven't done a brim-to-brim yet so only have the trip computer readings to go by:
28mpg urban crawl
32mpg short runs in mainly 40mph limits
36mpg mainly clear Mway under 80mph, I expect that 40mpg is possible at 70mph.

My real world mpg from my CLS320cdi is: Cruising at a steady 70 ish I see around 40-43. Around town I never see any better than about 38 - but I do like giving it some welly from the lights... :D

A couple of months back I did a dash to London and back using the M1 and a few A roads and then Swiss Cottage traffic and when I got back home it was showing an average 39mpg....

I must have lead in my right foot. Around town i see mid 20's. :dk: Before the Brabus d6, i used to see between 18 to 22. Motorways is easily around the 40 mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom