CLS 350 2010 Change DVD Region

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crosis

Car
CLS350 Grand Edition 2010 & C200K 2002
Hi there, I have a CLS350 Grand Edition from the UK that is now in New Zealand. I am wanting to change the DVD from Region 2 to Region 4. Is this something a user can do, or does it need to be done by a Mercedes outlet.

My stereo I think is the 2009 version with the screen down by the controls. In the Vin Decoder it says 512 Comand APS with DVD and 518 Universal Communications Interface.

I was surprised a search of the forums for "CLS DVD Region Change" brought up no results for this as lots of of cars get imported here. Is it something that no one can change?

Hopefully it's something that can be reprogrammed with STAR.

Out of interest, does NZ have the same anti-competitive legislation as Australia? - That makes it illegal to region-lock a DVD player because it's not up to the vendor to prevent you playing legally purchased DVDs from elsewhere in the world.
(Which could be a valid argument to make when getting the region changed to something like "0".)

I don't think so, many DVD/Blu-Ray devices you buy are multi-zone or can be made to be. If I had thought about it I should have said change to "0" rather than "4" as that sounds a much better idea.

On the C w204 NTG4 you can do it from the engineering menu. But it's not officially documented. Does yours have ntg 4, or 4.5?

On the C w204 NTG4 you can do it from the engineering menu. But it's not officially documented. Does yours have ntg 4, or 4.5?

Excuse my ignorance, but I do not know what the ntg is. Trying to find it in the manual but it doesn't seem to say. Maybe 2.5 rings a bell from somewhere.

In the morning I will see if there is anything on the unit that says what it is.

It's the type of unit you have.

I have the the NTG 4 with the fold out screen. NTG4.5 has a fixed screen. Do a google image search for ntg4

I'm pretty sure it's NTG 4.

Try this, taken from http://www.mercupgrades.com/Comand+APS+NTG4+5+FAQ-faq-15.html

Hold the following 3 buttons down for about 10 seconds: Phone-Hangup, 1, #. If that doesn't work (because you've changed the region settings in engineering mode for instance), then use Phone-Pickup, 1 and # Please be careful, you can destroy your COMAND. Most menus are multi-page, the next page being selected by moving rotary controller toward the back of the car. After you have changed settings you will need to reset the unit, the option to do this is on the 2nd page of the 1st menu shown after entering engineering mode. In the 1st menu you see after entering engineering mode, you can also then hold down Hang-up, 4 and # for a few seconds to find some additional menus. Again, be very very careful.

Aye, just be careful in engineering mode cos you can change some crucial stuff.

Ntg2.5

It's the type of unit you have.
I have the the NTG 4 with the fold out screen. NTG4.5 has a fixed screen. Do a google image search for ntg4

Hi there. After looking through the models it looks like I have Comand-APS (NTG2.5). It says it can be identified by the fact "as the telephone hangup / pickup keys are red and green."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom