Cls 350 cdi blueefficiency rear bumper conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattwatson527

Car
Cls 350 blueefficiency
Hi all.

Has anyone any knowledge of having a rear bumper conversion on a cdi blueefficiency 2012 CLS ?
Would like to expose the exhaust and have it look less boring.

Struggling to find info on this & not sure how much of a ball ache & cost it would be.

Appreciate any ideas or recommendations.
Based around Heathrow area.

Cheers

Hi & welcome. When you say expose the exhaust a bit more can you elaborate? Better still post up a pic of the current rear end.
You rear bumper should already have a diffuser fitted with exposed rectangular/letterbox style tips, one either side.

I have changed mine for a FL rear bumper with quad tips and a 63 diffuser. I still have all the stock parts.

Sounds like the OP has a vehicle without the AMG Sports Pack which came without the black diffuser and single dual exhaust tips.

If so, then rear bumper would be full body colour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210503-144523_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210503-144523_Gallery.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 18
If so, would be case of getting a oem rear black diffuser that is supplied with Sports Pack and set of oem exhaust tips I would have thought.

Flash.. thats the exact image. Exhaust is hidden.
I'm basically looking for a full rear bumper conversion but not sure how much it would cost and if its possible tbh

Thank you for clarifying. Not sure if the diffuser would be compatible with your bumper but am inclined to think it wouldn't be. If you did want to go ahead, you would need (as Flash has pointed out) a rear bumper, diffuser, exhaust tips, and associated brackets from a CLS with the AMG sports pack.

What colour is your car OP?

Thank you for clarifying. Not sure if the diffuser would be compatible with your bumper but am inclined to think it wouldn't be. If you did want to go ahead, you would need (as Flash has pointed out) a rear bumper, diffuser, exhaust tips, and associated brackets from a CLS with the AMG sports pack.

What colour is your car OP?
It's black.

So it would be a whole new rear bumper set up then ?
Any idea how much something like this would cost for that and instal ?

Cheers for your info guys

Have a look under your bumper at the rear valance.

If you look in the areas that I have marked red then there may possibly be some plastic rivets that you may possibly be able to remove in order to remove the lower valance which I have marked in yellow.

If yes then it may be possible perhaps to do a swap with a oem Sports Pack diffuser and tips etc. without new bumper.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210503-144523_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210503-144523_Gallery.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 9
I can't see anything like that unfortunately. Looking like a new bumper I think.
Any idea on what something like this would cost ?

Second hand one on ebay in link below and comes with diffuser and tips which need a good clean!

£650 advertised but check price of new with dealership for comparison and compare against best ones you find on ebay.

Would need a paint job.

There are plenty of bumpers in various states (from damaged to immaculate) on the bay of dreams as Flash quite rightly points out. I think I may just have everything you would need for the conversion and no need for a paint job to boot, as it is black and in excellent condition!

As you are a new user I can't pm you, if you put up some contact details (email or number) I can contact you and then you can remove your details.

Second hand one on ebay in link below and comes with diffuser and tips which need a good clean!

£650 advertised but check price of new with dealership for comparison and compare against best ones you find on ebay.

Would need a paint job.

Cheers Flash, wasn't sure on ebay but if its legit then worth a look 👍

There are plenty of bumpers in various states (from damaged to immaculate) on the bay of dreams as Flash quite rightly points out. I think I may just have everything you would need for the conversion and no need for a paint job to boot, as it is black and in excellent condition!

As you are a new user I can't pm you, if you put up some contact details (email or number) I can contact you and then you can remove your details.
Excellent mate.

Last edited:
No worries, just edit your post now and delete your details. Here is my thread on my car....

Last edited:
If you're going to do this then seriously consider the facelift (2014 on) front and rear bumpers with false vents, look so much better imho.

If you're going to do this then seriously consider the facelift (2014 on) front and rear bumpers with false vents, look so much better imho.
Sounds like the way ahead mate. I'll update as and when on the thread, incase there's any interest in the future.
Struggled to get answers on the net tbh

Front bumper wont work @regbuser due to the DRLs being housed in the headlight on the FL, whereas they are housed in the front bumper on the pre FL. Unless you are going to change the headlight assemblies and potentially coding as well, which is mega £££!

Rear is a direct swap, except there are two additional parking sensors on the FL (6 instead of 4 on the pre FL).

Sounds like the way ahead mate. I'll update as and when on the thread, incase there's any interest in the future.
Struggled to get answers on the net tbh
This was a while ago now, but did you ever resolve it?

I’m looking to do the same conversion and wondering if it’s a straight swap from standard bumper to a one with AMG styling, i.e. can I unbolt one and bolt on the other with no extra brackets needed?

This was a while ago now, but did you ever resolve it?

I’m looking to do the same conversion and wondering if it’s a straight swap from standard bumper to a one with AMG styling, i.e. can I unbolt one and bolt on the other with no extra brackets needed?
Is yours the same as the OPs? As in the SE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom