CLS 350 CDI Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
Saw the new CLS 350 CDI Sport arriving at the Dealership yesterday ready for Launch on 1st March.

Salesman gave me a sneaky preview and I must say the Sport version is fantastic. The front and rear lights are LED and amazing, the interior dashboard display is now in colour which makes it look great.

It was a very similar spec to mine, but will be about £8k dearer.:eek:

I want one. :thumb: Do you think I could get away with swopping mine after 6 months, do you think she who must be obeyed would let me? ;)

Mine had just been in for a 6monthly free checkover and Sat Nav update.

CLS001.jpg

CLS002.jpg

Buy the CLS in the same colour as yours and see how long it takes for her to notice

Funny enough she said, do they do them in Blue. The answer unfortunately is NO. :D

Tell mb you want one in blue & the answer will be no problem sir;)

I got a sneaky look (and sit in) a new CLS Sport at my local dealer's on Monday. Must say that it's a very stylish machine and the interior is a very nice place to be. Incidentally, I noticed that this is the first MB to be sold with DAB tuner as standard.

Regarding a blue one Brian, I'll say one word: Designo ;):D

MB Chelsea have a preview evening on Thursday 24 Feb

going to the southwest launch tonight down in truro

My local invited me to and exclusive preview day at the weekend. Just passed their showroom and its in the window on display already. Looks stunning though - I would!!

I saw one of these the other day and thought it looked much better than I expected.

They are going to push it hard - within 24hrs I have had an email invite, telephone invite and postal invite all to an evening of surrounded by tw@ts at my local dealer. No thanks.

MB Chelsea have a preview evening on Thursday 24 Feb

MB Loughton are having their CLS preview evening on the 24th too, received an email the other day. Said I was going to go.... then remembered that best not as its my wedding anniversary.

They 'Will' do it in blue if you want....

you just hold up your credit card and bend over

Fixed that for you ;)

Brian, get that CLS bought!!!!

It's the Big Hit in the first 6 months that bothers me. Possibly a better bet to wait till one year old. The depreciation will be better and the CLS will have fixed any initial gremlins in the new design. ;)

It's the Big Hit in the first 6 months that bothers me. Possibly a better bet to wait till one year old. The depreciation will be better and the CLS will have fixed any initial gremlins in the new design. ;)

Design wise its essentially 212 based mechanically and engine/box wise no different to the car you have or the engine/box I was leant in a CLS350cdi. And what an engine, slight lag at take off and worse than a non BE 211 320cdi but OMG in gear fun.

A CLS will be a desirable car just now, a new car the now and a year on you wont lose much as it will be in demand. Unlike the 212 which is dropping like a stone. (good for the likes of me, bad for you).

I remember a CLS I was leant, driving wise a huge jump over a 211, and if the new CLS is a jump over a 212 (which is delightful but the steering too light for serious driving) then you could be in for a treat.

I dont know how the 212 is financed and whether you are on a PCP which may or may not hinder things, but if you want, and you only have one life, then get it bought and have the car you really really want.

I saw a black one in a showroom over the weekend.

I have to say I was seriously underwhelmed. It may have been the colour but the car just looked very big and bloated. None of the nice lines of the old model. It just looked like a big saloon.

The interior was nice, especially the metal air vents but overall, for me it was a big disappointment.

Ive only seen the brochure...but I think the new one looks like a Volvo with a star badge.
Sorry just imo of course.
Colin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom