CLS 350 Grand edition front brake upgrades

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by ckember, Mar 23, 2014.

1. ckember

ckember Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS 350 CDI Shooting Brake AMG Sport
    Have had my CLS for a couple of months and the brake fade is quite bad when worked hard, I had the sports package on my old w211 with the drilled discs, is this a straight swap onto the CLS, as the chassis is basically the same.

Has anyone done this upgrade or is it worth going straight for the AMG setup. Will the 18inch rims take the larger cailper and discs or would I need to fit 19's?

2. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes CLK 230 Kompressor Sport
    I upgraded my brakes all round to aftermarket motorsport components, currently running ap racing drilled and grooved discs, ap racing calipers, goodridge stainless flexis, and currently on pagid pro pads, also changed the fluid for a higher temp spec. No brake fade now at all even after a couple of laps around the ring.

1 person likes this.
  3. def90cars

def90cars Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S205 AMG C63S, W204 C63 AMG PPP, Abarth 595 Competizione, Fiat 500 Twinair, Toyota Carina E GTi
    CLS55 AMGs have 18 inch as standard so should be good.

1 person likes this.