Cls 350 non start, no tick. Dead!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLS-Reece

Car
CLS350
Hi there

Bit of a long shot as this is really weird.

Was checking the car yesterday as it's been using more fuel than usual and sounding abit ruff, found a few oil leeks and then noticed that the oil breather pipe coming off the intake-turbo pipe was blowing smoke into the system. So took it off to see if the car started acting differently.

It didn't So connected it back on and then there was a blue flash from the back of the engine and the car died. Hasn't started since.

Here is a list of issues and things that now don't work

1) fan is going at full speed when ignition is switched on
2) engine dont start no ticking nothing.
3) SRS Malfunction on the display
4) ESP Disabled
5) Run flat monitor disabled
6) cluster all lit up red, with battery symbol. (Gone since charged battery)
7) air suspension is all way down, lower than the lowest setting
8) ODB port isn't working, my hand held device that has worked on this car no longer pics up the car.

Upon all this I thought. Oh S*** something has horrifically gone wrong
I have checked all fuses in the front rear and buy the battery and all fine.

I have bought a decent battery management unit witch has charged the battery and there is nothing wrong there.

Only thing that keeps going through my head is some sort of module has given up. Or there is a wiring/earthing issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this, I have read a few other posts found online with the malfunction issues and tried there results witch was battery or fuses and no joy.

Thankyou

Last edited:
Sounds like something has shorted out. Don't know about the CLS, but is there any hidden fuse locations you haven't checked? i.e. around the area that the blue flash came from?

Could you smell any burning or was there any smoke? Could you identify where abuts the blue flash came from, as that sounds like its going to be the root cause. Normally anything that has a positive feed from the battery will be fused. Surely there must be a fuse blown somewhere if something has rubbed through and shorted out!

Well that's what I thought as these days everything is fused for safety reason but I check them all, all that I could find and they was all okay.

There wasn't any smoke or anything, just died then the fan went on full. And wouldn't start.

I've looked in the are where the flash was but it seems like it was under the turbo. So I thought maybe it was a reflection from somewhere else. Couldn't find anything. Couldn't find any fuses on the wiring down there.
It's baffling me

I can't diagnose the issue I'm afraid but just wanted to say don't worry about the airmatic dropping.

My battery died so didn't use my CLS for about 6-8 weeks. Looked like a low rider as it sat lower and lower.

Hope you get to the root of the problem OP.

Yeah I just wanted to her from someone else of anything I didn't think of or if anyone else has had this issue.

Yeah it's proper low.

All fixed. Was the immobiliser fuse. Simple things ay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom