Cls 55 airmatic pump fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew W

Car
Vw caddy
Just fitted the new piston ring & O ring to my pump , 30 mins job done .
She now lifts instantly and the pump is quieter too. I used the kit from BagpipeAndy (eBay) £25
I didn't even remove the pump ,just remove the
2 bolts holding the cylinder head on and drop it down ,replace piston ring and use the 2 new bolts provided , stand back and chuckle how
you have just saved another £400 .

If anyone wants to know the exact tools needed
Or any more info just ask .

Will you have it re-calibrated on star to make sure it's aligning properly, last thing you want is miss aligned suspension at 90 mph.

Eddie01 said:
Will you have it re-calibrated on star to make sure it's aligning properly, last thing you want is miss aligned suspension at 90 mph.
Well I didn't lose any air and all the gaps around the wheel archers are the same as they were .
I'll stick to 70mph to be safe ;)

But you would be silly to buy from Mercedes when you can buy the same part for 200 less elsewhere lol, also when I checked merc wanted 290 for the pump about 6 months back....

JDMUK said:
But you would be silly to buy from Mercedes when you can buy the same part for 200 less elsewhere lol, also when I checked merc wanted 290 for the pump about 6 months back....
Why is there always someone who wants to dissect a post that's trying to be helpful .
I'm talking about a fitted price that most people
would end up paying , if you have a vagina and
just trying to be argumentative I forgive you ;)

Lol

LOL!!

Wasn't trying to be difficult, doing what you did is probably harder than fitting the actual pump lol! So your £400 is well out lol :p

But fair play to you for fitting it lol, I have 2 broken pumps in the garage I'm going to order some rebuild kits and fix them and sell them lol

JDMUK said:
LOL!! Wasn't trying to be difficult, doing what you did is probably harder than fitting the actual pump lol! So your £400 is well out lol :p But fair play to you for fitting it lol, I have 2 broken pumps in the garage I'm going to order some rebuild kits and fix them and sell them lol
Your probably right.i should have taken a day off work , dropped the car off at a garage paid £250
For the pump plus £100 labour+vat , then go back to pick the car up then step back and chuckle at the fact I could have done it for £25
And half hours work LOL ;)

Or like I said paid the 250 for the pump, fitting it is easier than the job you did and as you did that you could have done it :p prob taken less time than the rebuild took too :p

Just fitted the new piston ring & O ring to my pump , 30 mins job done .
She now lifts instantly and the pump is quieter too. I used the kit from BagpipeAndy (eBay) £25
I didn't even remove the pump ,just remove the
2 bolts holding the cylinder head on and drop it down ,replace piston ring and use the 2 new bolts provided , stand back and chuckle how
you have just saved another £400 .

Nicely played Andrew, got to be happy with that! Yes as mentioned you can pick them up for around the £200 mark now, but why would you when you have fixed it in half an hour for £25. Result :thumb:

allways nice to save a few quid

bu66er. have just ordered a new airmatic 211 pump (177 quid) as mine is failing. its done 208,000 miles though.

Hi,
After reading this thread a week or so ago it prompted me to do some googling and after finding reference to there being an Airmatic filter. Googling this filter led me to a post on an American forum documenting the pump refurbishment, filter replacement and drying out of the dehumidifier granules.
I have now bought a new filter and a pump refurb kit, which should arrive at some point next week.
Primarily I am taking the pump off to inspect/dry the catalyst but while it is off I will fit the pump refurb kit and fit a new filter.
This work is intended to be totally a preventative maintenance measure, as I have no issues with the Airmatic system. Though I will say the suspension I always thought was a bit slow, but it currently passes all the STAR tests.
I think for just less than £30 and reasonably easy to do it is a worth while procedure to do.
I will put up a HOW TO/document the job, if others think it worthwhile.

You can also get a new cylinder head off Andy (eBay) for £45 if you want a total refurb !

You can also get a new cylinder head off Andy (eBay) for £45 if you want a total refurb !

I have not seen them, do they come with dehumidifier canister attached to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom