CLS 55 AMG gone and got E63s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SukySangha

Car
E63 S AMG
Ok after some much hard thought i decided to get myself a E63 as I needed a 5 seat car and the obvious choice for me was an E63 in Palladium Silver with black leather (wasn't bothered with the toys). This meant I had to get rid of my beloved CLS 55 AMG which I have owned for the last five years.
I've been looking since last year for the right car to come along and looked at some poor examples which left me a bit bewildered as why such cars are kept in this condition. So the thoughts were going on towards a RS6 or M5 F10 as there were plenty about within my price range. So last week surfing the net on the usual sites I came across a palladium silver E63s with night pack and a whole load of other extras which got me very excited indeed. So first thing next morning I called the dealer and asked him to give me a video walk around of the car which he happily sent to me immediately. I was happy to say to him I will be around the next day and if he would take my cls as part exchange which he agreed to with a price better than most garages.
Well I took a long drive up north to his show room and saw the E63s which I liked straight away and a deal was struck.
It was a sad day as this meant the CLS was gone. The drive on the way back in the E63s was crap due to weather and lots of accidents on route! However this gave me the opportunity to play with the gadgets and familiarise myself with the car having a massage at the same time :) as the seats are the contour ones. Once in my neck of the woods i decided to go for a drive on my usual Sunday morning route to see how the car performed.......WOW the car is an animal lol. i loved how the car settles in around tight corners and hides its weight, the sound.....OMG that sound...it was awesome and the down shifts were wicked! However after driving spiritedly on derelict roads i decided to have the car settings in comfort mode to see how it drove. Well all I can say is its very harsh compared to the cls and I wasn't expecting this at all but in time I will get used to this. There are some items that I will be getting done to the car such as changing the tyres and having new brake pads installed soon with the wheels being refurbished too although the dealer did say he would do this bit I wanted the car there and then :)
The car it self has a very rare spec as it was a demonstrator at the dealership when new, which I haven't seen before such as Carbon panel trims, Bang & Olufsen sound system, rear and side blinds, heated/cooled contour seats, lane assist, camera, blind spot assist etc.
The characteristics of the cls 55 amg and the e63s are totally different whereas the cls was raw from low down in revs and a noise which was lovely and addictive. The E63s is a bit tame imo with a different noise which is lovely, which one is better I cannot decide. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and will be keeping it for a very long time. I will upload some pics once the weather is better :) Future mods will be happening so keep you guys posted :)

Congrats Suky, looking forward to the pics! May I ask which dealer you got it from? I assume its the facelift with it being the 'S'?

Give him chance Abs! :p

:oops: I clicked wanting pics Abb and was disappointed! :p:D

Congrats Suky you have made the same leap of faith as I did. One thing to quickly establish is to not compare or rather try and evaluate the two cars against each other. Doing so will only leave you pining after the former and regretting the latter. Give it time, learn to live with the new one and get to know it intimately. You won’t be disappointed. Again totally different cars with different good and bad points, either way it’s another AMG machine and a hell of a car. My own, I’ll be keeping it for a max of 2 years ownership as I fancy something different, maybe away from the AMG brand altogether. I love the car, but it’s not the CLS55 and never will be which is what made me fall in love with AMG and probably won’t be topped in that regard. There I am comparing the two again... stop stop stop! Post some pictures of course!

Congrats Suky, looking forward to the pics! May I ask which dealer you got it from? I assume its the facelift with it being the 'S'?
Hello Abb it was not from an MB dealership but a high performance dealer set up in Birmingham with some very tasty cars for sale well out of my price range. Oh yes its the facelift version being a late 1 owner 13 registration.

GetFileAttachment

Congrats Suky you have made the same leap of faith as I did. One thing to quickly establish is to not compare or rather try and evaluate the two cars against each other. Doing so will only leave you pining after the former and regretting the latter. Give it time, learn to live with the new one and get to know it intimately. You won’t be disappointed. Again totally different cars with different good and bad points, either way it’s another AMG machine and a hell of a car. My own, I’ll be keeping it for a max of 2 years ownership as I fancy something different, maybe away from the AMG brand altogether. I love the car, but it’s not the CLS55 and never will be which is what made me fall in love with AMG and probably won’t be topped in that regard. There I am comparing the two again... stop stop stop! Post some pictures of course!
Hi Chris i totally understand and strongly agree with you mate. Got some health issues at the moment but will get to spend some time with it and get intimate with it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom