CLS 55 AMG gone and got E63s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely car Suky, it will take time to get used to as its a totally different machine to the older generation.

Great spec, would have loved the B&O option in mine
Hello Alps appreciate it mate. You are totally true in stating the two are different machines. The B&O system is awesome :) However i will not be listening to it once i get to drive the car as i want to hear that V8 ;)

That is very nice - wheels and body colour complement each other really nicely.

Looks great. How does it compare acceleration wise?

You have attached email attachments from your Outlook account, thats not how it works. you need to upload them to a photo hosting site such as imgur. you can see them as they are still in your browsers cache. - Ctrl+F5 and they will most likely go.

How come I could see them for a while? PS not arguing just genuinely interested :)

Looks great. How does it compare acceleration wise?
Hi Chris the cls was brutal from low down revs with a very significant noise however the e63s is totally on a different level regarding noise and the force it pushes you back into the chair. Still cannot decide though which one had the more grunt...strange for some reason.

I’m finding my E63 a whole new kind of animal in Sport + mode and although the CLS felt more rapid from 0-60 say, especially after MSL had their wicked way with it, the new car feels more powerful (it is) and much quicker in the higher rev range and gears (it is). It will be interesting to hear your thoughts after x number of months with it Suky. I miss the ride of the CLS and the quietness of it inside the cab and of course those looks. It still and always will be for me, a beautiful car even in non AMG format. The E63 is handsome in ways, but it’s not beautiful or drop dead gorgeous as the CLS was sometimes referred to by onlookers and friends etc. I also miss that supercharger whine, but the bi turbo has some kick to it. I’m not sure my E63 needs any mods from MSL other than the LSD as it’s powerful enough, quick enough and sounds just about right.

I’m finding my E63 a whole new kind of animal in Sport + mode and although the CLS felt more rapid from 0-60 say, especially after MSL had their wicked way with it, the new car feels more powerful (it is) and much quicker in the higher rev range and gears (it is). It will be interesting to hear your thoughts after x number of months with it Suky. I miss the ride of the CLS and the quietness of it inside the cab and of course those looks. It still and always will be for me, a beautiful car even in non AMG format. The E63 is handsome in ways, but it’s not beautiful or drop dead gorgeous as the CLS was sometimes referred to by onlookers and friends etc. I also miss that supercharger whine, but the bi turbo has some kick to it. I’m not sure my E63 needs any mods from MSL other than the LSD as it’s powerful enough, quick enough and sounds just about right.
Hello Chris I've spent a bit more time with e63s and your right in saying its another kind of animal :) The cls will always hold a special place in my heart as it was the first mercedes and first AMG i owned and the looks are gorgeous. I will be paying Acid a visit for a little bit more power and noise but not so soon. Will do a write up after a few months of summer fun in it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom