CLS 55 AMG ID document

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JeremyC

Car
2005 CLS 55 AMG
Hi there,

I think this post is in the right part of the forum - if not, would someone please let me know - gently.

Have just swapped a 2005 CLS 500 for a 55-plate CLS 55 AMG - have only just got around to this post because - with the onset of winter (early morning frost) and salt slime all over the damn place, I've been far too busy enjoying myself keeping the thing in a straight line on the way to work http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/banana.gif -
So the question is - with the CLS 500, I had a document giving the exact details of what was fitted to the car, options etc. etc. With the AMG, I don't have that - even the DVLA reg doc says engine number "Unknown"
Is this normal for AMGs? - there's a sticker on top of the engine saying it was hand crafted by Mike Thomas (may his tribe increase!), but that's all.
Would any other AMG owners of cars of this period care to comment?

Hi there,

With the AMG, I don't have that - even the DVLA reg doc says engine number "Unknown"
Is this normal for AMGs? - there's a sticker on top of the engine saying it was hand crafted by Mike Thomas (may his tribe increase!), but that's all.
Would any other AMG owners of cars of this period care to comment?

I agree with AMGeed, you should have something mentioned on your V5 document and especially the engine number.

my V5 has the engine number, same on all my previous AMG cars.

also back of the service book will have all the details

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom