CLS 55 AMG pads and discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisCLS55

Car
Mercedes E63
Where is the best place to get all-round pads and discs for my CLS 55 AMG?

I've been on ebay and it brings up a whole plethora of pads and discs all at varying prices.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Try the dealership, pretty competitive on price and you know you'll get the correct spec.

ECP & Pagid. £283 delivered for all four corners discs and pads.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong here, but the cheapest ECP & Pagid I managed to get was £311.46 using their weekend voucher code?

Thanks for the reply btw!

I wouldn't personally fit pagid on there.

^ Some people have reported brake squeal after fitting pagid pads.

I thought I'd be safe with Brembo discs and pads. They squealed for the first 4/500 miles too.
If I did it again, I'd look at the dealer price and ask if there was any discount.

Last edited:
Why not? Are they bad brakes?

I personally don't like them. Brake pads are a touchy subject and we all like to argue about what's best etc.

I can only give my opinion.

And I would refuse to fit them for anyone.

MB brakes all the way, and they will give a good discount on the pads.

So do I go to MB themselves? I don't want them fitted by MB as my mechanic will fit them.

Try Mercedes Benz of new castle on their eBay shop - you could email
Them and ask

Thanks Lenny, will give them a try! Cheers to everyone who has replied, much appreciated!

Putting a reply on here as will be changing mine soon so I can refer back to it. Ta.

Thanks guys, another question, will I need sensors and handbrake stuff or just the pads and discs?

I'd be more concerned about the state of the calipers than anything else.

If your discs are rusting on the inside face then the pads won't be moving anyway - the brakes on the '55 are so good you probably won't notice and of course there's no pedal feel due to the 'fly by wire' braking system.

You'll need new retaining pins for the front.

If I was doing this job again I'd probably consider sending the calipers off to be stripped and rebuilt first - front ones at least.

I'd be more concerned about the state of the calipers than anything else.

If your discs are rusting on the inside face then the pads won't be moving anyway - the brakes on the '55 are so good you probably won't notice and of course there's no pedal feel due to the 'fly by wire' braking system.

You'll need new retaining pins for the front.

If I was doing this job again I'd probably consider sending the calipers off to be stripped and rebuilt first - front ones at least.

The calipers were recently painted red and I think they are fine, the car is saying "brake wear" on the dash so its definitely pads I need, but I also want to replace the discs as one is pitted. That and I want peace of mind for the new year as I'll be doing some long trips to London and maybe a trip to Germany in the summer!

Regards parts prices - main dealer is expensive without discount, some people have had circa 40% off brake parts in the past but when I tried several places a while back the best I could achieve was around 25%.

Discs I wouldn't be so concerned over boxed MB items but the pads do seem to be of a different compound to the aftermarket suppliers and there's loads of posts on the net suggesting to use MB items.

Personally I would fit MB pads but only if your calipers are in A1 condition first. At circa £200 a set (on the front) it seems silly to spend that amount when the inside ones will be probably seized solid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom