CLS 55 AMG tune

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristopherLembra

Car
CLS 55 AMG (current); CLK 500 (sold)
Salutations!

I am from EU, Estonia. Just bought an 06 CLS 55 AMG for myself with minor repairs (brakes and other little things) which I will have fixed on 23.08 and after that I was thinking on tuning the **** out of this car (jk just slight tune). I was thinking of following:
1) VRP 80mm Clutched Supercharger Pulley and Tune Combo (M113k) | VRP Speed
VRP 80mm Clutched Supercharger Pulley and Tune Combo (M113k) AND
2) VRP 55K AMG Stage 2 Cooling Kit (M113k) | VRP Speed
VRP Stage 2 Cooling Kit (M113k)
-otherwise the cls is stock except sec cat and resonator delete.

Does any of you guys know about quality of these certain products? What would be the approximate total power gain from those 2 kits or is there a better combo for stage 2-ish tune for my CLS 55?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Attachments

• 44C4740D-07C0-4C9D-80AD-3535112D38B3.jpg
    44C4740D-07C0-4C9D-80AD-3535112D38B3.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 11
  • 0559900D-826C-488F-A7E7-3CE0354AB13B.jpg
    0559900D-826C-488F-A7E7-3CE0354AB13B.jpg
    861.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3959.jpeg
    IMG_3959.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 11
Don't waste your time with VRP. No end of complaints about this company.
Poor customer service, parts not turning up, Chinese products listed as his own with a big mark up.

Up to you, but I'd steer clear. Look on MBWorld for opinions of VRP. They are mainly negative.

This company had/has great feedback on the same forum. Located in Tbilisi Georgia.
Unfortunately the owner was killed in a high speed car crash a while ago but the company lives on and still produces tuning products for the 55 range.

Have a read of this thread to see what is possible with the 55 engine.

Poor customer service, parts not turning up, Chinese products listed as his own with a big mark up.

Up to you, but I'd steer clear. Look on MBWorld for opinions of VRP. They are mainly negative.

This company had/has great feedback on the same forum. Located in Tbilisi Georgia.
Unfortunately the owner was killed in a high speed car crash a while ago but the company lives on and still produces tuning products for the 55 range.

Just found out that DTK is estonian-based company so when I dm-ed DTM we continued to talk in our home language :D Thank for quick answer though!

Tragic about DTK . Very sad. The good news is, I dealt with him a number of years ago in 2019 and bought his DTK600 kit. I've had no issues yet.
He/his company are one of the best 55K tuners out there...his maps are excellent.
I have ; 77mm clutched pulley, DTK tune (stage 2), DTK Gearbox Tune (TCU), Belt wrap kit, Large heat exchanger/intercooler.
There are no instructions with fitting but I know a number of forum users are running his stuff..lifetime warranty also.

Tragic about DTK . Very sad. The good news is, I dealt with him a number of years ago in 2019 and bought his DTK600 kit. I've had no issues yet.
He/his company are one of the best 55K tuners out there...his maps are excellent.
I have ; 77mm clutched pulley, DTK tune (stage 2), DTK Gearbox Tune (TCU), Belt wrap kit, Large heat exchanger/intercooler.
There are no instructions with fitting but I know a number of forum users are running his stuff..lifetime warranty also.
Yeah he told me I should either get the 600 or 620 kit. If those two kits are the same price (based on 2020 prices) why not go for 620 right? Have you had any problems with transmission relating to the extra power from tune? And has your mileage changed? I know this is not a car to watch the mileage but Im surprised how much more it takes than my previous m113 clk 500 (from 17l/100km to 22l/100km). Sound is a lot better though. Deeper rumbling noise.
Also, are your temps good after heat exchanger upgrade? I feel like my cls gets sluggish after 5-6 pulls. Engine bay is above average hot aswell Id say.

all depends how hard a life your CLS has had prior to you owning it, its an old car so don't go overboard with the tune as a lot of things will be worn and subject to failure easier than when the car was younger.

HE upgrade, Bosch pump are a must IMO

Nice to see my old threads are still
Helping owners. The advice given on this thread is spot on

all depends how hard a life your CLS has had prior to you owning it, its an old car so don't go overboard with the tune as a lot of things will be worn and subject to failure easier than when the car was younger.

HE upgrade, Bosch pump are a must IMO
I decided I talk to my workshop guys about checking the health of engine before any tuning and if needed, dismantle it to get a full picture. I will 100% change the HE and get Bosch 010. If engine seems to be in decent condition, I will do as DTK guy advised me to: 77mm pulley, belt wrap kit, ECU and TCU. Price will be around 1400-1700 EUR neto + cost of installation. Result would be 460-ish KW (this is the DTK620 kit for m113k). 620hp/460kw is all the power I need for a RWD Mercedes. I do not plan on mid-headers since I like the sound currently as it is (sec cat + res delete). It has no drone nor isn't obnoxiously loud (as was my previous full straight CLK 500).

I decided I talk to my workshop guys about checking the health of engine before any tuning and if needed, dismantle it to get a full picture. I will 100% change the HE and get Bosch 010. If engine seems to be in decent condition, I will do as DTK guy advised me to: 77mm pulley, belt wrap kit, ECU and TCU. Price will be around 1400-1700 EUR neto + cost of installation. Result would be 460-ish KW (this is the DTK620 kit for m113k). 620hp/460kw is all the power I need for a RWD Mercedes. I do not plan on mid-headers since I like the sound currently as it is (sec cat + res delete). It has no drone nor isn't obnoxiously loud (as was my previous full straight CLK 500).
Good advice bar the belt wrap kit. If you use the correct length belt you won’t need the kit.

Good advice bar the belt wrap kit. If you use the correct length belt you won’t need the kit.
After some consulting with o wise tuner guys for m113k, I've found that BWK is pointless for a clutched SC pulley because BWK would be needed for a fixed one that is below 77/76mm pulley. Instead I think I will put the BWK money into split cooling because why not cool the engine even more :) I have decided to go with clutched because I've heard fixed one has some rattling noise when engine is idling, fixed one also gives more heat for SC so clutched should be a bit safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom