CLS 55 AMG wanted!

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by TommyV, Jul 1, 2019.

1. TommyV

TommyV New Member

Car:
    Sierra
    Hi, after reading on this forum for the last month or so, I have decided that a CLS 55 is what I want for my next car.
    I have viewed 2 now and really like them, but they weren't the most 'cared for' to put it nicely, and I recently missed out on what sounded like a perfect one by just 1/2 day (person who viewed in the morning had it)!

So thought I would post on here in case anyone is considering selling / knows someone who does.

Cheers, Tommy

2. Gbrowncls55

Gbrowncls55 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS55 AMG 06, SL350 06, 996 cab, all current. Gone : E500 W211, 2x M5s and far,far too many 911s
    There are some nice ones out there but also a lot of uncared for ones. It just takes time and a lot of driving to find the right one. If you dont mind black or siver its easier. I wanted blue and it took me three years mostly because there arent any (well almost)

3. OP
    OP
    TommyV

TommyV New Member

Car:
    Sierra
    Three years searching; that is commitment! Not too fussed on what colour, I think they look nice in black, but finding a lower mileage / full history seems difficult, so I am now looking for a C63 as well.

4. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Active Member

Car:
    S60
    Don't be put off by higher mileage options, as long as they're well cared for and from an enthusiast. I bought mine from a forum admin with 125k on the clock, have done 10k in the last year and it hasn't skipped a beat. The car has obviously needed certain things done at the age/mileage and I went in knowing I'd be spending 2kish on it to satisfy my OCD but that goes without saying on a 13 year old car, no matter how well loved. It is still 100% rock solid, faultless and jaw droppingly quick.

Just be prepared to spend a bit on age related wear items and you'll be fine.

TommyV and nickjonesn4 like this.
  5. 3:16

3:16 Member

Car:
    R230 350SL + CLS55
    There was a '06 CLS55 (black, beige interior) with 65k miles and full Merc main dealer history / 3 owners for £12,795 on Auto Trader for 5 weeks, it was eventually sold, did you not see that one?

6. OP
    OP
    TommyV

TommyV New Member

Car:
    Sierra
    I did yes, but couldn't live with the beige interior, has to be the black or grey interior for me, as I am looking for a long term keeper.

7. OP
    OP
    TommyV

TommyV New Member

Car:
    Sierra
    SukySangha likes this.
  8. Smart320

Smart320 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R172 SLK 55AMG , Toyota RAV4 3 dr
    I' m no expert but must be worth a look!

TommyV likes this.
  9. AMGeed

AMGeed MB Club Veteran

Car:
    2004 W211 E55K ///AMG
    The car appears to be extensively modified using parts from the US. The Race IQ tune will have been done remotely, and a DTK smaller supercharger pulley. Its well priced considering the (expensive) Vossen alloys and I'd like to see the service history regarding regular intervals and at least one ATF change.

Be aware this will cost a fair bit more to insure than a standard CLS55.
    You can check on the MBWorld forum for all the US suppliers for the modifications.

10. Cyclone1

Cyclone1 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W218 CLS63 AMG
    Looks worth a viewing, but as has been mentioned check service history first.

TommyV likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    TommyV

TommyV New Member

Car:
    Sierra
    Thanks for that reply, I have been looking at more info about the modifications and about remote tunes, as that is something I hadn't heard of, as I used a mapper for my previous cars. Will hopefully arrange a viewing on my next day off.

12. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2005 E55K AMG
    I have a DTK 600+ and was remotely tuned by Demetre and it has been excellent, no issues at all... I’d want to see up to date service history but it looks a decent thing, just a bit grubby in the engine bay

Cyclone1 likes this.
  13. John

John MB Club Veteran

Car:
    I wish.
    The 6th photo makes it look like it has just done a bank job...

14. Smart320

Smart320 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R172 SLK 55AMG , Toyota RAV4 3 dr
    Why do you think it's being sold !

15. John

John MB Club Veteran

Car:
    I wish.
    Hopefully that bag will be full of clean 20s in that case - and come with the car!

Smart320 likes this.
  16. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2005 E55K AMG
    Tommy
    Did you ever view the cls with all the mods? I see it has been relisted a couple of hundred pounds less .

QUOTE="TommyV, post: 2785572, member: 147006"]Thanks for that reply, I have been looking at more info about the modifications and about remote tunes, as that is something I hadn't heard of, as I used a mapper for my previous cars. Will hopefully arrange a viewing on my next day off.[/QUOTE]