CLS 55 Brakes - AMG performance package?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

_Neal_

Car
CLS55, BMW 530i (E39), Fiat Panda 100hp
Just pricing up brakes for CLS55s (prices seem reasonable, which is good!) and had a quick query. On the ECP site in respect of both the Pagid and Brembo discs, in the fitment detail it states "Not for vehicles with AMG performance package".

What was the AMG performance package, and how can you tell if a CLS55 has it?

Thanks

There wasnt a package as such, it may be poor wording for 'not for AMG vehicles'.

I don't think so as the size and thickness seem correct. I had heard reference to retro-fitting the PPP calipers to the CLS55, so perhaps that's what it refers to?

Best performing aftermarket CLS55 AMG discs?

Do you think it is getting confused between the ‘floating discs’ and normal discs which your car will have?
So ‘amg performance package’ refers to the floating discs

Performance package brakes had floating discs and bigger calipers , they were available on the 219 and the 211.

I have only ever seen 2 sets one on each model

There wasnt a package as such, it may be poor wording for 'not for AMG vehicles'.

There was, from memory it was split rim wheels, the expensive discs, limited slip diff, part alcantatra steering wheel and the speed limiter was lifted to something like 186mph.

Very, very rare beast but there was a guy on here who had one a few years back.

There was, from memory it was split rim wheels, the expensive discs, limited slip diff, part alcantatra steering wheel and the speed limiter was lifted to something like 186mph.

Very, very rare beast but there was a guy on here who had one a few years back.

That was the Performance Package - not AMG pack ;)

You will find MB OEM discs and pads to be very reasonable for the 55 models, so don’t discount them when enquiring about prices.

You will find MB OEM discs and pads to be very reasonable for the 55 models, so don’t discount them when enquiring about prices.

Thanks - I'll certainly bear that in mind.

The Performance Pack was for the CLS 63 I believe, although I may be mistaken, I do remember that the discs on those ones are very highly priced. The CLS55 discs are reasonable, around £110 a corner for the fronts :)

The Performance Pack was for the CLS 63 I believe, although I may be mistaken, I do remember that the discs on those ones are very highly priced. The CLS55 discs are reasonable, around £110 a corner for the fronts :)

There was a 55 version too which was what I described, standard 63s have the expensive discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom