CLS 55 gone....to a new home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
As the title suggests my CLS has been sold (and it wasn't even for sale :dk:) as I knew it was going to a very very good home!

It's not just a load of blurb now its gone, but it truely was THE best all round car I have ever had the pleasure of owning. Taking into account the comfort factor when you wish to bimble in complete plushness (which I feel the cabin exudes) to the thrill you get of planting your foot down and unleashing the beast and hearing the soundtrack via the modded exhaust :thumb: All this while you are cossetted in a car which 12 years on still has one of the most most jaw dropping looks :bannana:

Sure it wasn't all plain sailing (cannot buy such a car not expecting it to cost), has some very big repair bills (suspension related predominantly) as well as day to day running costs & maintenance, but all things considered I would do it all again for the experience it gave me.

Longest I have ever owned a car (3.5yrs) and didn't have any plans to sell it. Made friends with a forum member who is local to me and was helping in his quest to find one.
A few months down the line and I have ended up selling him mine (after much deliberation)

https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-lounge/223645-my-new-cls55-amg.html

Chris is a great guy, extremely knowledgeable with motors and will no doubt keep her in tip top shape. I am lucky enough to know where the cars gone and no doubt will see it regularly enough :thumb:

And thats where my problem begins, what next...:D

My old man just appeared with one of these yesterday to add to his small fleet..... awesome car. Circa 600bhp+ and tight handling.

6d35a79ecebbc1d6bd41783dedbf327d.jpg

Just a bit different..... its pushing me towards an E63 or F10 M5 next.....

Hey Abb,

I'm shocked! I was just thinking about your car this morning (re the calipers) and now I find this!

I'm sure it has gone to a nice place knowing how carefully you looked after it :)

Good luck with the hunting for the next one, GT S ;)

Thank you gents for your words and recommendations. For now I am holding off buying anything, however when the time is right I think the natural progression is the E/CLS 63 Biturbo.

Am in touch with Chris and am sad to learn of some of the problems he has come across which have been overlooked by different trusted parties that have worked on my car, whom I trust and hold in high regard, at least Chris has identified such issues and is working on putting them right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom