CLS 55 Headers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1my

Car
CLS AMG
Hi I've been thinking about changing the headers on my CLS as my next mod.

Is there any particular brand or place to buy that are better than others or do they all give the same results?

Thanks

Kleemann all the way for the 55 engines - I had them fitted on my SLK55 not so long ago, the sound is epic!

Speak to Olly @ PCS or Acid MSL - both can supply and fit them for you.

Is there any reason why people have stopped name checking Eurocharged on here? Feels like the MSL and PCS fan club! I would add them to the mix too, have been very pleased with everything they have done for me.

Kleemann headers are great - no question.

MSL fit Eurocharged stuff...

I think it is because a lot of people have used these outfits, including myself at MSLP - and they are excellent so I don't go anywhere else for mods.

I also would recommend MSL, Acid in my experience will always go that extra mile for his clients, and can supply or do anything and above that the other companies mentioned here, and given OP is Glasgow based, got to be MSL, well worth the trip.
If southern based, PCS is there to do these things also.;)

I also would recommend MSL, Acid in my experience will always go that extra mile for his clients, and can supply or do anything and above that the other companies mentioned here, and given OP is Glasgow based, got to be MSL, well worth the trip.
If southern based, PCS is there to do these things also.;)

If you are Greater London based then I would say Eurocharged in Watford. Paul and Andy are bang on so no point trawling to Southampton or Brum when there is a great option there.

Wayne Gates as well for the maintenance rather than tuning.

Anyway - sorry to hijack post but lots of happy Eurocharged customers out here too and they can do the Kleeman headers. Agreed that MSL would be best bet for Glasgow based OP

Last edited:
Can anyone share some experience. Are Kleemann prone to leak or metal gasket which they provide are perfect fit.

Kleemann from 10 years ago and now differ in quality. Their headers are more affordable now. Even though they fit okay when new (after some hammer time as they all are LHD), my second pair has warped after a while. You have to cut the bridges between the inlets on the headerss as a fix. Some other Kleemann headers I've seen have separate inlets, so I'd recommend those if you're in the market for a set.

I have Eurocharged ones, half the price of Kleeman one's and do the same job. Unless you're going Long Tube I can't see much difference. Your exhaust gas can't read the logo on the headers. Supersprint wanted £5000 for an exhaust system - headers, mid and rear!!! If I had a £100k car then maybe but not a car circa £15k.

They took about 3 hours to fit with a ramp. Ask MSL, PCS, Eurocharged etc to fit the Eurocharged headers or do them yourself. (Leave both sets of 02 sensors in to avoid throwing a code as even a mapped one throws a code).

Use the money left over to split your cooling with the £20 BMW resevoir and get a 77mm pulley!!! :)

These 55k engines are well experimented with now, everything has been looked into 10x times before and there are many alternatives to the big brands everywhere. As set of Long Tube headers would be amazing but only with it if you have a big £15k+ budget for tuning as you'll make better gains per £ in other areas.

Take the H/E upgrade for example. Here at most places it's £600+ fitted. Here's one for $180 that a lot of the guys in the US use, performs the same role but without the logo. Just swap the bumper off, connect the pipes and on it goes + mod your headlights whilst your at it.

Air to Water Heat Exchanger

If you don't have headers, you really do need to get a set. I ceramic coated mine before I fitted them and put simply, they make the car sound like an AMG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMurmzimREw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdSdNUoOfF4

Cheers and good luck whatever route you take.

Tom

Last edited:
Kleemann from 10 years ago and now differ in quality. Their headers are more affordable now. Even though they fit okay when new (after some hammer time as they all are LHD), my second pair has warped after a while. You have to cut the bridges between the inlets on the headerss as a fix. Some other Kleemann headers I've seen have separate inlets, so I'd recommend those if you're in the market for a set.

Hei Alx
Meaning to say that if I have LHD car kleemann will not warp or they will eventually?!

Hei Alx
Meaning to say that if I have LHD car kleemann will not warp or they will eventually?!

Nothing to do with LHD - only mentioned as thought you were local. If the inlets are bridged, they will lift and leak. The problem is not specific to Kleemann or Mercedes headers - the design is flawed.

Here's the example of bridged headers:

52_MG_5068.jpg

Nothing to do with LHD - only mentioned as thought you were local. If the inlets are bridged, they will lift and leak. The problem is not specific to Kleemann or Mercedes headers - the design is flawed.

Here's the example of bridged headers:

52_MG_5068.jpg

Ok I got the point
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom